Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 6 7

Thread: Singer 301a - Does any one have this machine?

Hi you will love it just bought one - still oiling and figuring out bobbin, etc. Web says one of best ever made.
    If anyone replies this I have a question - do you have to use a special needle

Quote Originally Posted by pattylu32
    Hi you will love it just bought one - still oiling and figuring out bobbin, etc. Web says one of best ever made.
    If anyone replies this I have a question - do you have to use a s

pecial needle
    The Singer 301 uses a 'Class and Variety15x1' size needle. This information comes from page 64 of my Singer sewing machine 301 manual. The chart on this page show relationship of types of fabrics, thread and needle sizes and machine stitches to the inch. In answer to question;no, not special. Can be found just about anywhere but in different sizes. #9, #11, #14, #16, #18.

Quote Originally Posted by pattylu32
    If anyone replies this I have a question - do you have to use a s

pecial needle
    The Singer 301 uses a 'Class and Variety15x1' size needle. This information comes from page 64 of my Singer sewing machine 301 manual. The chart on this page show relationship of types of fabrics, thread and needle sizes and machine stitches to the inch. In answer to question;no, not special. Can be found just about anywhere but in different sizes. #9, #11, #14, #16, #18.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 6 7