singer 327k...

Old 04-13-2014, 06:14 PM

Default singer 327k...

Any thoughts on this model? I see a pretty turquoise colored in nice retro looking cabinet on Cl. It's an hour away to see it. Seller is asking $125. I didn't have luck trying to post the pic here. I like the color and the cabinet, though don't NEED another machine.
Old 04-13-2014, 08:59 PM

Noisy buggers (some are, mine is. LOL) , drinks oil (only if she hadn't had any for a while) , simple straight stitch unless ya have the black cams. The K at the end of the model number means it's made in Great Britain but really it's Scotland. I bought mine for $25 in a thrift. All metal, It's a good machine I like it. Of course mine is gray and didn't come with a cabinet. Sometimes the cabinet is totally worth more than the machine.

http://mivintagesewingmachines.blogs...ger-327-k.html <-- check out this blog post. Other's have purchased this machine for around $20-50 dollars both here and over seas.

Last edited by foufymaus; 04-13-2014 at 09:14 PM.
Old 04-13-2014, 10:23 PM

Oops, I double checked, mine is a 328K not a 327k. They look about the same. Here's a video for a 328k

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uAt1CRvLnKI
Originally Posted by foufymaus View Post
Noisy buggers (some are, mine is. LOL) , drinks oil (only if she hadn't had any for a while) , simple straight stitch unless ya have the black cams. The K at the end of the model number means it's made in Great Britain but really it's Scotland. I bought mine for $25 in a thrift. All metal, It's a good machine I like it. Of course mine is gray and didn't come with a cabinet. Sometimes the cabinet is totally worth more than the machine.

http://mivintagesewingmachines.blogs...ger-327-k.html <-- check out this blog post. Other's have purchased this machine for around $20-50 dollars both here and over seas.
Old 04-14-2014, 05:00 AM

I think the 327K is straight stitch only.

I personally wouldn't drive an hour to pay $125 for one, but I don't know the machine and price situation in your area.
Old 04-14-2014, 06:38 AM

I probably won't travel for it either. I don't like to spend, but the color and the cabinet (really a nice long chrome and formica table in good condition) have me interested. I only caught this bug of liking and wanting vintage machines a few months ago. I'm trying to overcome the symptoms of wanting more machines and being content with learning about them. It's kind of dangerous though, the more I learn, the more I like and now have Mr. P interested.
Thanks for the video and sharing thoughts.
Old 04-14-2014, 08:34 AM

I paid $30 for one without the cabinet ( I didn't want it, pretty beat up). Yes, it's a straight stitch, very decent machine. I cleaned it up and gifted her to my MIL, who was looking for something simple for basic mending.
Old 04-14-2014, 09:29 AM

I ya feel strongly about the cabinet, maybe its worth it.
Old 04-14-2014, 10:11 AM

If you want to wear ear protection while sewing and enjoy riding on tractors, this machine is for you:>
Old 04-14-2014, 10:58 AM
Power Poster

I have this machine bought new for myself at a real Singer Sewing Store around 1964. It has been dragged around the country with me - it is in a case, not a cabinet. It has not caused me any trouble and it has had very little service or oiling until I learned here how and why to do it. I don't find it any more noisy than some of my other vintage machines. I don't see myself parting with it. I can't speak to what a reasonable price would be. I can't remember what I paid for it new
Old 04-14-2014, 12:31 PM

I had this machine, got it pretty cheap as it was not sewing - machine and case was in pretty nice color...it cost $149 to get it running again, and YES it was a noisy one.......I did find that some bobbins made in more noisy than others...I sold it because I knew it was in great shape and I really have too too too many machines.....it sewed very nicely.....