Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Singer Deluxe Monogrammer

Singer Deluxe Monogrammer

I have a Deluxe singer monogrammer #171276 it is a slant needle for zig-zag sewing machines. I know nothing about this little gem. If someone has a manual or could direct me to where I could get a manual, that would be great. We have a #401 slant-o-magic singer sewing machine but we don't know enough about the monogrammer to know if it works with this machine. Like I said any help is appreciated.
    Maybe the star you are aiming for isn't as bright as it seems until we look for the light that shines from within. God created us all to be stars in our right.

Yes, the monogrammer will work on any of the Slant-O-Matics except the 404 and any of the 500, 600 and 700 series of Slant-O-Matics and Touch & Sews, with the exception of one or two early T&S's which were straight-stitch only machines.

The Deluxe Monogrammer was furnished with a flower design bar and a certificate for three "free" letter design bars. The individual letter design bars were sold as options in Singer stores and by mail order.

I was lucky enough to buy a 500 in a desk cabinet that had the Deluxe Monogrammer with all 26 letters, along with every other type of attachment available in the 1960's-70's.

There was a different monogrammer set that made smaller letters, and round design disks for each letter were provided either with the monogrammer or as a separate set, so you could buy the monogrammer and/or the set of letters. That monogrammer was made for slant and low shank models, but I don't believe either type ever worked with straight-stitch only machines.

There are manuals available for the monogrammer on eBay:
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/270889405121

http://www.ebay.com/itm/140645895482 Buy It Now$14.95

They did sell a straight-stitch monogrammer as I have th slant and staright monogrammer. I just don't have all the letters bar for the straight stitch one. There were 3 different ones as far as I can remember, one was called the deluxe Monogrammer for Vertical Needle zig zag sewing machines # V171278. This one used bar to creative the letters and it was the same as the slant needle. Then the smaller one had disk. I can't get to the monogrammer to give you the #, but the disk # 171288.
    I have the instuction for these attachments. The slant & small one is at my other house.
    email me, pflum1@sbcglobal.net and I can share them with you.

Hello Danville Girl, I was a Danville Girl until I moved to Georgia 10 years ago... I have the same monogrammer and will gladly copy the book for you if you don't want to buy one on Ebay.( There are numerous ones available there ) I am in need of the "K" and "S" cam bars that fit the attachment. If you have those letters and do not plan to use them I am interested in purchasing them to use for Grandchildren items. Hope to hear from you.

171276 monogrammer

I also have this monogrammer. I am looking for letters B, H, E, and G (1.5 size). I have not been able to find them for purchase. Any ideas would be appreciated. Thanks.

I don't have a monogrammer, but I have seen many of the letters listed for auction on e-bay (their prices are like $2.06 each, i believe -- I'm not sure what letters were up on the auction, but there were a lot of them listed!
    Jeanette