Singer Deluxe Monogrammer

Old 01-14-2012, 11:00 AM

Default Singer Deluxe Monogrammer

I have a Deluxe singer monogrammer #171276 it is a slant needle for zig-zag sewing machines. I know nothing about this little gem. If someone has a manual or could direct me to where I could get a manual, that would be great. We have a #401 slant-o-magic singer sewing machine but we don't know enough about the monogrammer to know if it works with this machine. Like I said any help is appreciated.
Old 01-14-2012, 12:10 PM

Yes, the monogrammer will work on any of the Slant-O-Matics except the 404 and any of the 500, 600 and 700 series of Slant-O-Matics and Touch & Sews, with the exception of one or two early T&S's which were straight-stitch only machines.

The Deluxe Monogrammer was furnished with a flower design bar and a certificate for three "free" letter design bars. The individual letter design bars were sold as options in Singer stores and by mail order.

I was lucky enough to buy a 500 in a desk cabinet that had the Deluxe Monogrammer with all 26 letters, along with every other type of attachment available in the 1960's-70's.

There was a different monogrammer set that made smaller letters, and round design disks for each letter were provided either with the monogrammer or as a separate set, so you could buy the monogrammer and/or the set of letters. That monogrammer was made for slant and low shank models, but I don't believe either type ever worked with straight-stitch only machines.

There are manuals available for the monogrammer on eBay:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/270889405121

http://www.ebay.com/itm/140645895482 Buy It Now$14.95
Old 01-16-2012, 06:10 AM

They did sell a straight-stitch monogrammer as I have th slant and staright monogrammer. I just don't have all the letters bar for the straight stitch one. There were 3 different ones as far as I can remember, one was called the deluxe Monogrammer for Vertical Needle zig zag sewing machines # V171278. This one used bar to creative the letters and it was the same as the slant needle. Then the smaller one had disk. I can't get to the monogrammer to give you the #, but the disk # 171288.
I have the instuction for these attachments. The slant & small one is at my other house.
email me, [email protected] and I can share them with you.
Old 02-29-2012, 01:31 PM

Hello Danville Girl, I was a Danville Girl until I moved to Georgia 10 years ago... I have the same monogrammer and will gladly copy the book for you if you don't want to buy one on Ebay.( There are numerous ones available there ) I am in need of the "K" and "S" cam bars that fit the attachment. If you have those letters and do not plan to use them I am interested in purchasing them to use for Grandchildren items. Hope to hear from you.
Old 11-07-2014, 05:05 PM

Default 171276 monogrammer

I also have this monogrammer. I am looking for letters B, H, E, and G (1.5 size). I have not been able to find them for purchase. Any ideas would be appreciated. Thanks.
Old 11-08-2014, 09:26 PM

I don't have a monogrammer, but I have seen many of the letters listed for auction on e-bay (their prices are like $2.06 each, i believe -- I'm not sure what letters were up on the auction, but there were a lot of them listed!
Jeanette