Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Singer Sewing Machine Card tables

Singer Sewing Machine Card tables

I am so happy. This weekend I found a featherweight card table. I already have a card table for my Singer 301A set up in my family room. I plan to set up the featherweight in another room and have each set up for a different project.

This way I can move from project to project depending on what I feel like working on.

You're super fortunate to have 2 card tables! I keep looking... But no luck yet

Is the table made especially for the 301? or did you have it made......I have one for my FW that needs refinishing and love it.....

Congratulations! I have the 301 folding card table, and the extension table that fits either the 221 or 301 table. They need some surface TLC. Definitely hard to find-, so you are lucky indeed.

Blog Entries
    I didn't know what yall were talking about so I googled " 301 folding card table" and came up on one on Craigs list for $135.00 . He said also that you could make an offer. Hope someone gets this.
    Stitching is Meditation in Motion

Yes. Each of my folding card tables was made specifically for that machine. I found the 301 table on etsy and the featherweight table on Craigslist. I paid $80 + $45 shipping for the 301 table. Probably a little pricey but I love having the machine flush with the table.

I've looked everywhere for a 301 & FW table. Lucky you!

Sometimes it's when you aren't looking you find them. I found 2 ($10 & $30) at thrift stores. Both needed gluing and refinishing, but they are great to take along to mini workshops or our travel trailer. Still on the lookout for a 301 table, but do have 2 cabinets they fit in very nicely.
    Enjoy your finds!
    "Find Joy in the Journey"
    U..U, =^..^=, =^..^=

The Singer folding card table for the model 301 shortbed machines is the Singer ďModel 316 "MONTEREY" Utility TableĒ. It also accepts the 400-series machines such as the 404 & 401A.

I have my Grandmotherís table. She bought it new in the late 50s with her new Singer 404 that I also have. As a child, I ate potluck dinners with the rest of the kids on that table, so Iíve known it for years. Some of the stains on the top of it could be from my clumsiness or cutting up while I was supposed to be eating.

Here are photos of it with a 301A and a 403 in it, but oddly enough, I canít find a photo of it with the 404 in it....

CD in Oklahoma
    Attached Images Attached Images    
    "I sew, I sew, so it's off to work I go!!!"
    ThayerRags Fabric Center
    http://thayerrags.com/

I got lucky and found mine in the Goodwill with a doily and plant on top of it. I walked by it a few times and then said to myself "I wonder what's under the doily". Imagine my surprise. I paid some odd number like $9.48 or something. I am not usually lucky with finding vintage machines and when I do (rarely) they are not cheap or in good shape. It took me years, literally, to come across my feather weight. And it was $150.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast