Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: small metal lid for a bentwood case??

small metal lid for a bentwood case??

I'm feeling like a real pesterbug here, but I get such wonderful tips here I am again coming to you all to see if you know where this little "lid" part might be had. My last purchase didn't have this, and I could fabricate something, but an original would look better. Here is a picture of what I'm talking about. Did see one on ebay but it's in Ireland and pretty shabby. Thanks for looking. All tips appreciated.
    Name:  bentwood lid cover 001.JPG
Views: 230
Size:  910.1 KB
    with a passion for quilting and vintage machines..Singers: 99, 4 featherweights, Redeye 66, Lotus 66, Phoenix 27, 15-91, 301A
    Colleen S.

I have a 3/4 size bentwood case that's missing the same part. I found out there is several different sizes of those metal lids too. And sadly I don't know where to find them.
    Sorry I'm not any help today.

Joe

Ask Billy, Lostin51.
    Country 1

I have to go dig through my stuff, I sort of think I have one and it would have been for the smaller case.
    My name is Cathy - and I'm addicted to old sewing machines and their attachments

Blog Entries
    I may have one, too. Send a pm.
    NEVER let a sewing machine know you are in a hurry.
    Success is not final. Failure is not fatal. It is the courage to continue that counts. Winston Churchill

Quote Originally Posted by miriam View Post
    I may have one, too. Send a pm.
    Well Miriam...tried to send you a p.m. but it tells me your "storage" for pm.s have been "exceeded" and no more can be added until some are cleared. The piece needed is just over 3" x just over 7" and is for a Singer 66 portable. I'll try to add a picture.
    Name:  lidsize 001.JPG
Views: 158
Size:  819.5 KB
    This picture distorts the length...it really IS just over 7" long.
    Last edited by csharp; 03-28-2014 at 09:04 AM.
    with a passion for quilting and vintage machines..Singers: 99, 4 featherweights, Redeye 66, Lotus 66, Phoenix 27, 15-91, 301A
    Colleen S.

Blog Entries
    I just deleted all of my PMs - I hope I have answered everybody that got through.
    NEVER let a sewing machine know you are in a hurry.
    Success is not final. Failure is not fatal. It is the courage to continue that counts. Winston Churchill

I found mine and it's for the smaller case. I compared it to the 66, and it's the same width but about 3/8" to 1/2" shorter. DH thinks I may have a base this fits in out in the shed, so I've got to go check on that. Both of the two 3/4 size bentwood case I have machines in have the older style with the two holes for the electrical, and they aren't easily removable as they cover the control and use a knee lever.
    My name is Cathy - and I'm addicted to old sewing machines and their attachments