Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: So much for the post-holiday slump!

So much for the post-holiday slump!

In the past 4 days I have gotten 4 machines. MY DH is pointing out that just because the date has matched the acquisitions, that I should NOT keep up the pace. Pics are forthcoming for some of these. The list is:

New BelAir- red and white like Miriam's boss's machine
    1912 Red eye 66- rusty, no bobbin assembly
    1910 Red eye 66-rusty, no bobbin cover plate or take-up lever
    1910 something- I know it is a 66 but there are no decals remaining at all.

The 1910 red eye came in a banged up treadle cabinet that I think has promise. I was going to use it as a hand-crank until I got the cabinet done, but it doesn't have a motor mount hole to attach the crank to. I guess that is treadle only, unless there is some other type of hand-crank I don't know about.
    Cil

I'm a Queen.... at least my pantyhose say I am!

(proud caretaker of a magenta 221, purple 222, assorted 66's, a 301, a pink Atlas and Monarch, and Granny's 201-2.

I know what you mean. My DD just called me from a not local to me thrift store and told me she might have found another 201 mounted in a Kenmore cabinet. Problem was she could not raise it out the cabinet to see if it was a 201 or 15-91. Question was it worth $20? My answer absolutely. Results, the New Years Resolution is shot to heck.
    Sweet Caroline

Hey! I want a red and white machine...lol.
    This is the time of year to get a good bargain. Lots of people get in the mood to clear out clutter, after the new year.

So what's your husbands problem? LOL I only have 11 machines. LOL

Quote Originally Posted by makitmama View Post
    I was going to use it as a hand-crank until I got the cabinet done, but it doesn't have a motor mount hole to attach the crank to. I guess that is treadle only, unless there is some other type of hand-crank I don't know about.
    Somewhere, sometime I did see a handcrank that mounted horizontally on the surface of a treadle cabinet. This was a Singer model. I am in need of one that style also - but of course, now that I need one I can't even find an example of it.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mom3 View Post
    Somewhere, sometime I did see a handcrank that mounted horizontally on the surface of a treadle cabinet. This was a Singer model. I am in need of one that style also - but of course, now that I need one I can't even find an example of it.
    I want one, too...
    NEVER let a sewing machine know you are in a hurry.
    Success is not final. Failure is not fatal. It is the courage to continue that counts. Winston Churchill

I bought my 12th machine on Friday. It's coming from New York so saying a few prayers that UPS doesn't toss it around too much. There are just so many different ones out there.....how can we say no?
    Debbie in Kentucky
    kydeb.wordpress.com

Kydeb, you are such a great role model! of course, so is Joe, and Miriam, and everyone else on the board!
    Cil

I'm a Queen.... at least my pantyhose say I am!

(proud caretaker of a magenta 221, purple 222, assorted 66's, a 301, a pink Atlas and Monarch, and Granny's 201-2.