Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
Thanks for your help with Bernina 930 Record >

Thanks for your help with Bernina 930 Record

Thanks for your help with Bernina 930 Record

Old 01-30-2017, 10:43 PM

Default Thanks for your help with Bernina 930 Record

I had the issue with feed dogs not coming up high enough. So many of you offered advice. While I was not able to make the repair myself, mostly out of fear that I was about to break something, I was able to negotiate a reasonable price from a local dealer/repair shop that is notorious for charging a lot of money. My feed dogs are now happy, and so am I. Since this machine is newer to me, I am still learning things about it, including how to switch to the various stitches. Those pesky red stitches have me stumped. Ha.
I am so happy to be part of this group, and so grateful for the expertise and generosity I find here.
Maggie
Old 01-31-2017, 06:39 AM
Power Poster

One of the reasons I like this board.
Old 01-31-2017, 05:01 PM

Maggie,

I'm glad you got your machine fixed and happy. The knob to switch to the red stitches is the very bottom knob on the right/front of the machine. The outside of the knob drops/raises the feed dogs, and the center knob takes you into the red stitches.
Old 01-31-2017, 10:22 PM

"I am still learning things about it, including how to switch to tThose pesky red stitches have me stumped."

In addition to Annette's tips, don't forget to use your red dot foot when using those stitches. If you don't have your 930 Record manual I think there is a download available online that tells you the machine settings for each stitch.