Thrift store find

Old 06-22-2010, 09:17 AM
Joe

Originally Posted by Alisapao730
Your manuel is on its way!
Originally Posted by Alisapao730
I had one just like this! I gave it away years ago. I don't think the girl will still have it, but I can find out. I know I gave her a manuel. OOO! I just looked in my sewing cabinet and I have a copy of it! I can't believe I held onto it! I can send it to you. PM me with your Address. Do you need me to take a picture of it and post it here?T The booklet says, Instructions Stylist zig-zag sewing Machine/model 457 Singer. copyright 1969. My daughter used this machine before I gave it away. I made a copy of the manuel incase she lost the original or trashed it.
Got the manual yesterday!! What a wealth of information!! Thank you soooooooo much!!
Old 08-02-2010, 07:57 PM

Originally Posted by Joe
Found this at the local thrift store for $12 also got a full size ironing board for only $5 Great deal I think!! The case has a crack and one of the latches doesn't latch but it runs like brand new!!! Only has zig zag or straight but I'm fine with that
Joe, I have the manual for the 457 Stylus. Will gladly send you a copy. PM me with your address and I will send it asap.
Old 08-02-2010, 08:04 PM

I have this machine and it is a work horse. The reason I keep it is because it is the one I use to mend, sew jeans or canvas or home dec fabric. I've had it for over 25 years and have only had it serviced a couple of times. It is virtually indestructable. I'm happy for your find. You're going to love it.
Old 08-02-2010, 08:09 PM

Joe It looks like one i have since the late 60 and the number 237 I believe. Mine still sew's well for the age
Old 08-03-2010, 03:52 AM
Joe

Originally Posted by Howard
Originally Posted by Joe
Found this at the local thrift store for $12 also got a full size ironing board for only $5 Great deal I think!! The case has a crack and one of the latches doesn't latch but it runs like brand new!!! Only has zig zag or straight but I'm fine with that
Joe, I have the manual for the 457 Stylus. Will gladly send you a copy. PM me with your address and I will send it asap.
Thank you for the offer Howard!! Alisapao730 already sent me a copy of the manual and I have been working away with it. It's a great machine I quilted my sons quilt then pieced my daughters top. It is really a lot better than the newer brother I had.