Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Toy Singer (Model 20?) and another treasure find, but how to thread???

Quote Originally Posted by SteveH View Post
    here is a direct link to singerco manual
    http://www.singerco.com/uploads/down...f20e75d0f3.pdf
    Whoo Hooo, got it, printed it, and she sews...Thanks SO MUCH, Steve H....this was just what I needed. Gotta love the quick responses for help we get on this board.
    with a passion for quilting and vintage machines..Singers: 99, 4 featherweights, Redeye 66, Lotus 66, Phoenix 27, 15-91, 301A
    Colleen S.

Cool! Glad to help. I have one of the 7 spoke handcranked ones and I traded my 20-10 (electric version) to Cathy (Mizkaki) for a Frister & Rossmann TS handcrank.

If you like the chainstitch I would strongly recommend that you check out a Willcox & Gibbs Automatic. I just got my 1879 treadle version up and sewing and boy howdy! they are not kidding when they call it the "noiseless" machine.

Cool! Glad to help. I have one of the 7 spoke handcranked ones and I traded my 20-10 (electric version) to Cathy (Mizkaki) for a Frister & Rossmann TS handcrank.

If you like the chainstitch I would strongly recommend that you check out a Willcox & Gibbs Automatic. I just got my 1879 treadle version up and sewing and boy howdy! they are not kidding when they call it the "noiseless" machine.

csharp: I have never seen one with a black handwheel, can you tell if it is a repaint or of this one was made that way?

Steve H....After checking the ones on ebay and other places, I too noticed that it is different with the black handwheel. I've looked closely at it and it seems to be very much original, so don't know what's up with that. No way to reference a date of manufacture that I know of. The needle seems to be original, and replacements seem costly on ebay, do you know if they would be available easily or since I'm mostly just displaying it to leave that issue alone? Thanks for your help.
    with a passion for quilting and vintage machines..Singers: 99, 4 featherweights, Redeye 66, Lotus 66, Phoenix 27, 15-91, 301A
    Colleen S.

Blog Entries
    My 20 also has the plain black handwheel...the manual copyright is 1953, which really doesn't tell you anything other than it was made after that...
    One day, you'll only be a memory for some people. Do your best to be a good one.

http://charleeturner.blogspot.com

Quote Originally Posted by SteveH View Post
    here is a direct link to singerco manual
    http://www.singerco.com/uploads/down...f20e75d0f3.pdf
    Thanks SteveH , I pm'd you then went back and saw this so again Thank You! Vickie
    Born to Quilt, Forced to work.

I have one the same sitting on my kitchen counter in my Florida place but no manual. I threaded it knowing Singers . It sews so I play with it when I get put on hold when on the phone so that I don't get frustrated while
    waiting.
    I do not have the clamp either. Think I should print out he manual while I have a chance.
    Oh, see the first poster is also in Southwest Florida .
    Last edited by Mornigstar; 05-17-2013 at 06:11 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2