Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Which treadle machine do you use the most?

Which treadle machine do you use the most?

Why would also be helpful. Also, have you found some of them to be simpler to use? I'm trying to prioritize my time and I'd really like to start using some of these.

I use my Singers 66-4 #'s 1 & 2 about the same. I actually have 4 set up and useable but the Franklin is burried beneath and behind other machines so It's hard to get to. And the 9w-7 in the basement has my HOTHER on it cos I'm making a quilt with it.

I like the 66s because they are simple. Simple to thread, simple to treadle, and they are very easy to maintain. For the most part they are trouble free machines.

Joe

I have a 1925 Damascus from Montgomery Ward an Aunt owned when she lived with my grand parents. It had the original book still so I could use it. There is still a treadle Singer but I think my aunt is going to keep it since it belonged to her grandmother. She is using it as a table in her bedroom. She was given the house and the contents.

Power Poster
    I use my Singer treadle that I inherited. I have no idea what type it is but it has the long bobbins that fit into a shuttle. It works great and I can get it going at warp speed.