Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: using a 15-30

using a 15-30

Hi all - I'm new here and hope I can pick your brains about my new(to me) old machine.
    I recently picked up a machine and 7 drawer cabinet at a thrift shop for $50 (bargain!!!!). I refurbished them using Glenn's methods. They came out great if I do say so my self. Thanks Glenn

Can you post a photo please? Welcome to this board. I am happy that you were able to find some inspiration here.
    A Good Friend, like an old quilt, is both a Treasure and a Comfort

Don't know what happened but only half of my post shows up. I went on to say that I have experience using a dressmakers model that was my grandmother's from when she worked in a factory in Brooklyn. This new machine is a 1921 15-30 with Tiffany decals. She seems to sew pretty well, still adjusting the tension. My concern is that she seems to run heavy. By which I mean is she is kinda loud and if I accelerate the whole table shakes. Any advice? TIA Donna

Keep cleaning and oiling with Tri-Flow oil, available from Sew-Classic.com and better bicycle shops. Look for thread wrapped around shafts and the hand wheel. I got 6' in 3 places out of my FW. I have a machine like yours from my aunt. Haven't started on it yet. Sounds like something is in there that shouldn't be. Keep looking and good luck.

Believe me I have stripped her down to her knickers! She is totally clean inside. The sound is not a rattle or grind or anything just a forceful thud of each stitch. I'm gonna take another look inside tomorrow when it's light out.

Believe me I have stripped her down to her knickers! She is totally clean inside. The sound is not a rattle or grind or anything just a forceful thud of each stitch. I'm gonna take another look inside tomorrow when it's light out.

is there any way to post pictures from a phone?

Quote Originally Posted by DonnaB3566 View Post

is there any way to post pictures from a phone?
    Is it a treadle? Or electric?
    Sharon
    Last edited by purplefiend; 07-25-2015 at 07:20 PM.