Vesta boat shuttle manual

Old 11-23-2015, 12:21 AM

Stunning machine, great find! To double check what needle your machine takes check the needle list on ismacs.net, it's searchable by name of machine and name of manufacturer.

If Hellen Howes doesn't have the parts you need, I'd recommend keeping an eye on Etsy, eBay, and Tias.com's Relics section. Older shuttles come up rarely so it may take a while to find what you need.
Old 11-24-2015, 12:50 PM

Love your machine, I hope you find what you need for it. Let us know.
Old 11-24-2015, 04:59 PM

That is a very pretty machine - great find!! I have been on the hunt for an older hand crank for awhile. Let us know how you do with finding a manual and getting her running smoothly.
Old 05-31-2020, 03:06 AM

Default Any success if find a manual or information

Originally Posted by QltnDiva View Post
I recently acquired a L. O. Dietritch/Vesta Saxonia 1920s hand crank sewing machine (pic bellow). Unfortunately it was missing the shuttle, and of course no manual, attachments or anything else. I've been able to find some info on line and just bought a shuttle that seems to be the right one. Having issues to stitch. Thread breaks after the second stitch.
I'm looking for a copy of the Vesta boat shuttle manual (see pic of cover only, found online) to see if I can figure out how to make it work. Although I love the looks of it but I'd really want to be able to use it too. Any help and advice will be highly appreciated. Thx.
Hello
I now own a saxonia sewing machine like yours, have you been able to find an instruction book for the boat shuttle kind. I am not sure if my shuttle is the correct one, it looks a little rough at the pointed end, perhaps a different one could have been made to fit, I am having problems getting it to make a stitch, could be the shuttle or the needle which are also different. Any advise would be welcome. Thank you.
Old 05-31-2020, 05:49 AM

Welcome. QltnDiva hasn't been on QB for over three years and only has this one post. https://lizzielenard-vintagesewing.b...ch/label/Vesta and https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EgkO52ZP1tE show a transverse shuttle Vesta machine with the shuttle threading instructions about the 5 minute mark. I don't have any experience with Helen Howes but have heard good things about her and what she has. There is contact information at the bottom of this page http://www.helenhowes-sewingmachines.../shuttles.html

We like pictures. In order to post pictures on Quilting Board, you will probably need to reduce or compress the picture to a file size that is smaller than 2MB. How to post images can be found at https://www.quiltingboard.com/attach...020-01-17-.pdf
Don't forget to scroll over to the far right to find and click on the "Upload" button.

Janey - Neat people never make the exciting discoveries I do.
Not affiliated with off-site link(s)

Last edited by OurWorkbench; 05-31-2020 at 05:51 AM. Reason: clarification