Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 441 of 561 FirstFirst ... 341 391 431 440 441 442 451 491 541 ... LastLast
Results 4,401 to 4,410 of 5608

Thread: Vintage Giggles aka What are they smoking????

  1. #4401
    Super Member mlmack's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Kansas City, MO
    Posts
    1,272
    Quote Originally Posted by DonnaC View Post
    Oh my goodness.... it's baaaaackkkk.....! You might think that since they've had this table listed for MONTHS, somebody would have thought to take a decent photo by now!

    http://providence.craigslist.org/fuo/3991995218.html

    At least now it's "make an offer". I think they started out at $100 and dropped to $50.
    Is free an offer?

    That picture looks like they videotaped the table, played it back on their television, paused the playback, then took a picture of the image displayed on their television. Is that a restaurant take-out menu stuck to the wall?
    Mark

  2. #4402
    Senior Member grant15clone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Elgin, IL
    Posts
    781
    Quote Originally Posted by DonnaC View Post
    Oh my goodness.... it's baaaaackkkk.....! You might think that since they've had this table listed for MONTHS, somebody would have thought to take a decent photo by now!

    http://providence.craigslist.org/fuo/3991995218.html

    At least now it's "make an offer". I think they started out at $100 and dropped to $50.
    WOW! That is HILARIOUS!!!
    ~G~

  3. #4403
    Senior Member grant15clone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Elgin, IL
    Posts
    781
    Quote Originally Posted by mlmack View Post
    Is free an offer?

    That picture looks like they videotaped the table, played it back on their television, paused the playback, then took a picture of the image displayed on their television. Is that a restaurant take-out menu stuck to the wall?
    I think it is!!! Again, Hilarious!!!
    With the background on this ad (double entendre), it is one of the funniest ones in a while.
    ~G~

  4. #4404
    Super Member ArchaicArcane's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Central Alberta, Canada
    Posts
    2,659
    Quote Originally Posted by mlmack View Post
    Well, the big Red S could stand for Sears and Inger?
    Tammi - I've found that many baby steps tend to get you further than a huge leap in followed by a huge leap out - http://www.archaicarcane.com
    Singer 411G, 301A, 2x 221 (featherweight), 222k - the holy grail, 15-90 Centennial, 27, VS2, 28 hc, 128 knee bar, 201-2, 31-15, Pfaff 130-6. Non-Vintage - Pfaff 6122, Kenmore (Janome) 385.81595 serger, Kenmore (Janome) 385.81155, 2013 APQS Lucey

  5. #4405
    Super Member mlmack's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Kansas City, MO
    Posts
    1,272
    http://kansascity.craigslist.org/atq/3989469317.html
    "The Cast iron base is very cool ~ Great piece of ART! OR use it as a base for a side table."

    Next time, don't take so many pictures of the machine.
    Mark

  6. #4406
    Power Poster miriam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    12,709
    Blog Entries
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
    It is most likely glued with hot glue gun that will come off easy. If glued down at all. I don't agree with people who do this but the machine is most likely ok. If you saw this machine without the decoration you would say it is a good deal. I don't have time looking for the the silly overpriced ads when I could be spending the time working on my machines, sewing and making things. Too much time spent on this trivia
    Glenn it does not take very long to look through the CL ads if you type in sewing in the search box. If you want to see the high priced stuff just go to the right where it says sort by and then hit high price - you will see all kinds of stuff. BTW there are some nice machines in your area.
    NEVER let a sewing machine know you are in a hurry.
    Success is not final. Failure is not fatal. It is the courage to continue that counts. Winston Churchill

  7. #4407
    Super Member Christine-'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Front row!
    Posts
    1,165

  8. #4408
    Super Member Christine-'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Front row!
    Posts
    1,165
    Now here's an interesting old machine, I've never seen one of these before.

    http://eugene.craigslist.org/art/3974769079.html

  9. #4409
    Junior Member brunswickgirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Cabin at the lake.. on my way to Brunswick as soon as the house is complete
    Posts
    141
    Quote Originally Posted by miriam View Post
    Glenn it does not take very long to look through the CL ads if you type in sewing in the search box. If you want to see the high priced stuff just go to the right where it says sort by and then hit high price - you will see all kinds of stuff. BTW there are some nice machines in your area.
    This is new to me http://www.clchecker.com/ . It will email you each time your search criteria comes up on CL. Is anyone else using this? I just signed up the first of the week and find it useful..at least for now.
    Linda K Stafford

    "Wag more - Bark less"

    Wine is the Answer.....What is the Question????

  10. #4410
    Super Member mlmack's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Kansas City, MO
    Posts
    1,272
    I have an app on my android phone that notifies me whenever something that fits one of my different search criteria is listed.
    Mark

Page 441 of 561 FirstFirst ... 341 391 431 440 441 442 451 491 541 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

SEO by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.