Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 467 of 561 FirstFirst ... 367 417 457 466 467 468 477 517 ... LastLast
Results 4,661 to 4,670 of 5608

Thread: Vintage Giggles aka What are they smoking????

Quote Originally Posted by mlmack View Post
    eBay normally has an insertion fee, but they have had a lot of deals lately that lets you list items for free, as long as you stick to the default listing options.

With all of the many resources available, there really aren't any good excuses for the ridiculous prices out there.
    I must have been poking around during one of the deals then. Thanks for the clarification. I know that they started charging some amount on the shipping charges too, because of abuse.
    Tammi - I've found that many baby steps tend to get you further than a huge leap in followed by a huge leap out - http://www.archaicarcane.com
    Singer 431G, 411G, 503J, 301A, 2x 221 (featherweight), 222k - the holy grail, 99k, 99, 115, 15-90 Centennial, 27, VS2, 28 hc, 128 knee bar, 201-2, Ultralock 14u64a (Serger), Pfaff 130-6, and a Kangaroo coming Nov 2013.

Quote Originally Posted by ArchaicArcane View Post
    I must have been poking around during one of the deals then. Thanks for the clarification. I know that they started charging some amount on the shipping charges too, because of abuse.
    Yep. They started charging the regular fees on the shipping, because prior to that, people were selling items for 1 cent, with a really high shipping charge, in order to avoid paying fees.
    Mark

Quote Originally Posted by mlmack View Post
    $30 for a 15-91 is a great deal. Looks like it might also be a centennial edition.

Does it have a foot pedal/power cord?

I'd probably get it either way.
    I picked it up this morning. It is a centennial edition and it included a lot of frayed electrical stuff and the table is trashed: water damage everywhere. But the machine itself is dirty but healthy. Now I get to learn new things! With electricity!
    Anastasia - I like to sew square things.

The water damage can often be hidden. I use Howard Feed n Wax
    Electrical is really not hard. Mark the wires. Unplug. Go slow.

Especially the unplug part. My left arm and heart are here to tell you that forgetting to unplug then working on a sewing machine's electrical sucks! Yes, I felt like a dunce after that.
    Tammi - I've found that many baby steps tend to get you further than a huge leap in followed by a huge leap out - http://www.archaicarcane.com
    Singer 431G, 411G, 503J, 301A, 2x 221 (featherweight), 222k - the holy grail, 99k, 99, 115, 15-90 Centennial, 27, VS2, 28 hc, 128 knee bar, 201-2, Ultralock 14u64a (Serger), Pfaff 130-6, and a Kangaroo coming Nov 2013.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ArchaicArcane View Post
    The water damage can often be hidden. I use Howard Feed n Wax
    Electrical is really not hard. Mark the wires. Unplug. Go slow.

Especially the unplug part. My left arm and heart are here to tell you that forgetting to unplug then working on a sewing machine's electrical sucks! Yes, I felt like a dunce after that.
    ouchie ouchie ouchie......... How far did it throw you?
    NEVER let a sewing machine know you are in a hurry.
    Success is not final. Failure is not fatal.
    It is the courage to continue that counts. Winston Churchill

If you've ever wanted to just shoot a sewing project, this might be the machine to do it with. Does anyone have one of these? http://atlantacraigslist.org/sat/atq/4040946735.html
    Life is made up of bits and pieces. You won't know how it'll turn out till its done.

Let me try this post again since it won't let me edit.

If ever you have wanted to just shoot a sewing project, this might be the sewing machine to do it with.

http://atlanta.craigslist.org/sat/atq/4040946735.html
    Life is made up of bits and pieces. You won't know how it'll turn out till its done.

Quote Originally Posted by miriam View Post
    ouchie ouchie ouchie......... How far did it throw you?
    That was a few months ago now, it didn't throw me, but after I "released" I had to lay down, and the floor was good enough for me. Felt it for almost a day in muscle aches and pains.

Quote Originally Posted by redmadder View Post
    Let me try this post again since it won't let me edit.

If ever you have wanted to just shoot a sewing project, this might be the sewing machine to do it with.

http://atlanta.craigslist.org/sat/atq/4040946735.html
    Maybe they made these to keep the "little Lady" happy at home when the guy bought a new rifle.
    the decals on this are very pretty.
    Kenmore 158 19131, Elna Transforma, Singer 99-23, Red Eye Treadle 66-1, 301, Free Number 5

Now, the SW sewing machine is one thing - but if you ever come across a Singer hand gun - they are worth a fortune! Singer tired making firearms for the war, but didn't make very many. It's interesting that the same type of tooling that worked well for sewing machines also worked well for firearms.

Page 467 of 561 FirstFirst ... 367 417 457 466 467 468 477 517 ... LastLast