Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 533 of 561 FirstFirst ... 33 433 483 523 532 533 534 543 ... LastLast
Results 5,321 to 5,330 of 5608

Thread: Vintage Giggles aka What are they smoking????

  1. #5321
    Senior Member amcatanzaro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Springfield, OH
    Posts
    936
    I know exactly which episode that is. It cracks me up every time.

    I went out to pick up a 201 this morning. It was out of the table and not part of the listing. I asked the guy what happened to the table (I like stories) and he looked at me with the straightest of hard faces and said, "That's an antique! We're keeping it!"
    Of course the machine is filthy and filled with dead spiders. But, you know, the table.
    Anastasia - I like to sew square things.

  2. #5322
    Power Poster miriam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    12,653
    Blog Entries
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by amcatanzaro View Post
    I know exactly which episode that is. It cracks me up every time.

    I went out to pick up a 201 this morning. It was out of the table and not part of the listing. I asked the guy what happened to the table (I like stories) and he looked at me with the straightest of hard faces and said, "That's an antique! We're keeping it!"
    Of course the machine is filthy and filled with dead spiders. But, you know, the table.
    Maybe he has a use for the table.... There are always safety pins to hold his pants together... Well if he is from a town just south of Indianapolis it seems like it is fashionable for old men to wander around with big splits down the back of their pants or pockets ripping off - I can also guarantee they don't bother with boxers. Of course here in town they are no better they don't have belts so the pants go around the - never mind.........
    NEVER let a sewing machine know you are in a hurry.
    Success is not final. Failure is not fatal. It is the courage to continue that counts. Winston Churchill

  3. #5323
    Senior Member amcatanzaro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Springfield, OH
    Posts
    936
    Quote Originally Posted by miriam View Post
    Maybe he has a use for the table.... There are always safety pins to hold his pants together... Well if he is from a town just south of Indianapolis it seems like it is fashionable for old men to wander around with big splits down the back of their pants or pockets ripping off - I can also guarantee they don't bother with boxers. Of course here in town they are no better they don't have belts so the pants go around the - never mind.........
    Not Greenwood right? I lived there for a while. I don't remember pants problems, but it's been a minute.
    Anastasia - I like to sew square things.

  4. #5324
    Member Treadle&Gears's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    ubiquitous
    Posts
    9

  5. #5325
    Member Treadle&Gears's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    ubiquitous
    Posts
    9
    Quote Originally Posted by miriam View Post
    Ah... Here it is!

    Vintage 401A Rocketeer Singer Sewing Machine - $600

    (that looks just like a 500!)

  6. #5326
    Super Member mlmack's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Kansas City, MO
    Posts
    1,267
    http://kansascity.craigslist.org/art/4190814701.html

    Not sure what the scam is here, but the "seller" used images of 3 different machines in the ad, with none of them being a Singer 403, and the last one is of a 301.
    Mark

  7. #5327
    Super Member SteveH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    San Lorenzo, CA
    Posts
    3,710
    Rare Cat shaped sewing machine.....

    http://sfbay.craigslist.org/nby/atq/4175485020.html

  8. #5328
    Senior Member grant15clone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Elgin, IL
    Posts
    781
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveH View Post
    Rare Cat shaped sewing machine.....

    http://sfbay.craigslist.org/nby/atq/4175485020.html
    I bet it just Purrs right along. Do you suppose that it's name is Wilcox, ... or Gibbs?
    ~G~

  9. #5329
    Super Member SteveH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    San Lorenzo, CA
    Posts
    3,710
    someone need to pick this up (other than me)

    http://sacramento.craigslist.org/for/4176225912.html

  10. #5330
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    235
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveH View Post
    someone need to pick this up (other than me)

    http://sacramento.craigslist.org/for/4176225912.html
    I have a grasshopper just like this one (no rust ) and I LOVE it! It makes great, even stitches, and it purrs. Not loud at all.

Page 533 of 561 FirstFirst ... 33 433 483 523 532 533 534 543 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

SEO by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.