Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Vintage Machine Buy/Sell Thread?

Vintage Machine Buy/Sell Thread?

This topic may have already been talked about, but I can't find it. I want to throw something out there and see what people think. With all the old machine rescues I'm doing, it sure would be useful to me to have a dedicated thread in the vintage machine section for finding and asking for parts. In the vintage car world, there is a section for parting out cars and putting parts needed requests out there on almost every board. I know about the yard sale section here, but it's hard to find machine related ads amongst all the fabrics. How would people feel about having such a thread here? I'm thinking used parts only so it doesn't become a place for new part sellers to advertise. In the car world, it works well with the actual price negotiating and shipping arrangements taking place via private messaging or email. Think that would be helpful here?

I think it would be great- for used machines, cabinets, parts. Negotiating could be done privately if there's no set price.

You need to discuss this with moderators. This is a quilting forum so I'm not sure they'd want another for sale or trade section in two different areas of the forum.

Blog Entries
    such a thread would be deleted as a violation of the rules.
    we only allow such things in the Members Only Thrift Shop/Yard Sale.
    there are a list of rules and eligibility requirements.

http://www.quiltingboard.com/members...g-t169124.html
    I Quilt, I Nap, I Quilt Some More ... Aaaaah, The Good Life!

I also have an eddres you can use if you need to contact me with questions or suggestions that relate to our community: patricej@quiltingboard.com

I like tinkering with old machines also. You could always start your own yahoo group.

That's what I was thinking. I'll look into it. I need to find out what kind of time commitment it entails.