Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2750 of 4384 FirstFirst ... 1750 2250 2650 2700 2740 2749 2750 2751 2760 2800 2850 3250 3750 ... LastLast
Results 27,491 to 27,500 of 43834

Thread: Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by irishrose View Post
    chris-quilts, Your turquoise machine looks like a clone of a White, not a Singer. Even that particular bright shade. I have a Universal that is similar, though it has white trim and is a ZZ machine. Can't see how it sews - the wiring is beyond shot.
    Thank you. That is interesting. I have another similar looking machine but with different paint job (black) and so I'm guessing that both are White clones. Who knew? Thanks again for the information. They both thread similar to a Singer 66.
    Through Him who strengthens me, I can do all things - Paul

I meant to behave......but there were too many other options

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Weedwoman View Post
    There is a tutorial for the fabric bowls on here - at least there was before the new format.Microwave Fabric Bowls

I must have missed that tute. Great idea, think I'll make a few for my DH, it will save hot fingers when he nukes stuff.
    Thanks! I'm going to make some as Christmas presents this year. I will pick out fabrics that are favorite themes for each of the family members.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Bennett View Post
    Woo hoo! As long as this person doesn't turn out to be a total flake, I may have found a 301!! So excited!! Okay, back to work now.
    Attachment 283831
    Wonderful!! I love my 301....it's my every day piecing machine now. I got our my modern Brother last night to do some machine applique, and it felt WEIRD!!! LOL

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by MrsBoats View Post
    I always recommend Charlene Phillips' book The Sewing Machine Attachment Handbook. Nice clear pictures, how-to's that make sense... It lives permanently beside my sewing table now. It never seems to make it back to the bookshelf.
    I also have that book. I got it after I saw it at the Northern California TOGA in September. It's wonderful!! Clear pictures and instructions. I haven't used all my attachments yet, but when I get a break (whenever that is!) I plan on trying them all out.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by vintagemotif View Post
    OMG! That one takes the prize. It's the ugliest cabinet that I have seen so far.
    I guess beauty really is in the eye of the beholder.
    That's just GROSS!!!

Quote Originally Posted by miriam View Post
    In this case, beauty is in the eye of the beer holder
    hahahahaha!

Anyone looking for a gorgeous treadle? Fantastic oak treadle case with a decent appearing New Home machine listed on Western Mass craigslist in Amherst. Sorry- don't know how to post link. I think it was about $150.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by miriam View Post
    In this case, beauty is in the eye of the beer holder
    Yeah, after several of those beers!! It would take more than beer for me to think that was good looking!!

Blog Entries
    Nancy! We are waiting to see what a Hale's Crescent looks like...where are you...looking forward to the pictures...anticipation...

Blog Entries
    OK, I'm not sure how to use the board now - so can anyone tell me how Billy is or if he has a blog - how do I get to it? I haven't seen him post in several days.
    TwandasMom