Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2813 of 4413 FirstFirst ... 1813 2313 2713 2763 2803 2812 2813 2814 2823 2863 2913 3313 3813 ... LastLast
Results 28,121 to 28,130 of 44122

Thread: Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by justtrish View Post
    I vote for a mystery/unidentified attachment foot thread!!
    we sort of have one
    VSMS............ Attachments Thread
    NEVER let a sewing machine know you are in a hurry.
    Success is not final. Failure is not fatal. It is the courage to continue that counts. Winston Churchill

Quote Originally Posted by justtrish View Post
    on another note..I had noticed that lillian(221) was a bit clanky sounding in the bobbin area. I popped out the bobbin and added a drop of oil... woohoo.... much quieter!!!
    Under the needle plate are two positioning springs to keep the bobbin case from rotating. Are you sure yours aren't tired and need to be stretched back? One of the 221 web sites has a short tutorial on how to do it.

Edit: This is what I was referring to.
    thefeatherweight221factory.com/Documents/Clicking%20Sound.pdf

Last edited by logofflater; 11-20-2011 at 06:39 AM.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Bennett View Post
    As mentioned by Jon, you might be able to salvage the cord and rewire it into a new foot pedal. I have one very similar I got from Sew Classic (cord and basic metal foot pedal) for an older White machine. There are 3 "slot" receptacle has 2 wires, one going to the wall plug and one going to the foot pedal. It was easy to wire up to the pedal. The hardest part was finagling it into the cord protector coming out of the side of the foot pedal. Here's a picture of mine:

Attachment 289254
    Thanks for all this info. DH can do anything electrical, so he's going to look for another foot pedal that he can put our plug onto.

THANKS SO MUCH everyone for all your help, I really appreciate it!

Blog Entries
    Janie Doe, the 15 Clone - make over
    I couldn't get the pictures to come up. I'm bummed out.
    Success is not final. Failure is not fatal. It is the courage to continue that counts. Winston Churchill

Aww...you tease us with no pics! Now I really want to see.

I also finished up a project yesterday. I was thinking she was a nice little machine, but Rizzo is a little surprising. (I think I'm getting into this machine naming business.)

Introdocing Rizzo, my latest fixer upper

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by miriam View Post
    Janie Doe, the 15 Clone - make over
    I couldn't get the pictures to come up. I'm bummed out.
    I tried for about an hour to get pictures of the lovely Janie to no avail. Don't feel bad for Janie. I even let Jane know how Janie was doing. My DDIL just LOVES her. My camera went down for ever. I tried to load the pic from my email - no go. bummer. big bummer. WAH

I tried for about an hour to get pictures of the lovely Janie to no avail. Don't feel bad for Janie. I even let Jane know how Janie was doing. My DDIL just LOVES her. My camera went down for ever. I tried to load the pic from my email - no go. bummer. big bummer. WAH
    In your email can you right click on the pic and save it to a file on your desktop (I have one just called My Stuff) and then you can do a browse and select it to upload? That's how I save lots of pictures for a quick find. Just an idea.

Blog Entries
    I might - send a pic/drawing of the part that plugs into the machine - I have a big box full of foot controls... I have cool toys - just ask Iris.
    I need 2 foot controls for 19-51's and one for a 301, think you might have those hanging round? I'd love to play with my new babies without having to rewire them!! Thanks,
    Jo

Blog Entries
    Can you email them to me?
    One day, you'll only be a memory for some people. Do your best to be a good one.

http://charleeturner.blogspot.com

Quote Originally Posted by greenini View Post
    I need 2 foot controls for 19-51's and one for a 301, think you might have those hanging round? I'd love to play with my new babies without having to rewire them!! Thanks,
    Jo

You can easily get these on ebay...