Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2851 of 4398 FirstFirst ... 1851 2351 2751 2801 2841 2850 2851 2852 2861 2901 2951 3351 3851 ... LastLast
Results 28,501 to 28,510 of 43975

Thread: Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Blog Entries
    A 31 is industrial. It may have a tag on it somewhere that tells which one. Ismacs maybe?
    I'm not sure if some have a walking foot or not. Some for sure are high speed.
    NEVER let a sewing machine know you are in a hurry.
    Success is not final. Failure is not fatal. It is the courage to continue that counts. Winston Churchill

Blog Entries
    Nancy, I know I am late but wanted to tell you how sorry to hear about your horse. I know he must have been very dear to you and your family.
    Also sooo glad you got the 319 going have fun.
    Quilting with a friend keeps me in stitches.

Trish

I need help.... my old singer is skipping stitches. Does anybody have any suggestions on what to do? Im not even sure what type of Singer it is. I have used it for years. AK904945

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by judy_68 View Post
    I need help.... my old singer is skipping stitches. Does anybody have any suggestions on what to do? I'm not even sure what type of Singer it is. I have used it for years. AK904945
    Judy, here is something I compiled - see if any of it makes sense. Vintage sewing machine not stitching - very generic tutorial
    Success is not final. Failure is not fatal. It is the courage to continue that counts. Winston Churchill

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by judy_68 View Post
    I need help.... my old singer is skipping stitches. Does anybody have any suggestions on what to do? Im not even sure what type of Singer it is. I have used it for years. AK904945
    You have a Singer 201. It was allotted on April 16, 1952, with a run of 25,000. Your serial number is in about the middle of the allotted run numbers. Hope this helps.
    Through Him who strengthens me, I can do all things - Paul

I meant to behave......but there were too many other options

Quote Originally Posted by Weedwoman View Post
    All I got was the serial number and when I looked it up it said it was a model 31, that's all I know.
    Very common industrial sewing machine. Lots of info on the net and parts available. Some models are walking foot but 31-15 (most common) is not. I understand some use for Quilting with large harp, though I don't have one. $70 sounds about right if motor, clutch, and machine seem OK. This is like the Model 15 of Industrials.

Blog Entries
    I was watching the segment on ABC News tonight on The Great Made in American Christmas. They stated that if each of us spent just $64 on American made goods during our holiday shopping, the result would be 200,000 new jobs!

So, I googled fabrics made in America, only to find out that there isn't any.
    But, I did find a couple of companies that sell quilting/sewing notions and other items that are made in America.

Well, at least I'm recycling vintage sewing machines that were once made in America (minus one or two).
    And they still WORK!!!!
    Last edited by vintagemotif; 11-29-2011 at 11:51 PM.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by vintagemotif View Post
    I was watching the segment on ABC News tonight on The Great Made in American Christmas. They stated that if each of us spent just $64 on American made goods during our holiday shopping, the result would be 200,000 new jobs!

So, I googled fabrics made in America, only to find out that there isn't any.
    But, I did find a couple of companies that sell quilting/sewing notions and other items that are made in America.

Well, at least I'm recycling vintage sewing machines that were once made in America (minus one or two).
    And they still WORK!!!!
    So WHERE do you find made in America? Dollar store??? WM???? Target? Sears? J C Penny??? ah I know GOODWILL!!! People are buying vintage sewing machines for gifts. I still have a couple left but not much.

You can still buy yourself an American made car or truck for Christmas.
    Jon

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by jlhmnj View Post
    You can still buy yourself an American made car or truck for Christmas.
    Jon
    Can't afford that!! Wish I were talented enough to take an old car and recycle it, convert it so that old veggie oil will make it run. That would be an awesome project, just that I don't know how to do that.

I think finding the vintage machines at Goodwill or off CLs as gifts is a great way to recycle!!

MANKIND needs to learn how to RECYCLE.
    VINTAGE sewing machines are just one way to help SAVE our PLANET.

Got to love the treadle machines for at least that!!!
    Last edited by vintagemotif; 11-30-2011 at 07:48 AM.