Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2864 of 4400 FirstFirst ... 1864 2364 2764 2814 2854 2863 2864 2865 2874 2914 2964 3364 3864 ... LastLast
Results 28,631 to 28,640 of 43994

Thread: Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

  1. #28631
    Senior Member Weedwoman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    SE Kansas
    Posts
    393
    It's good to know we can find marbles made in America because there are days when I'm pretty sure I've lost all mine.....

  2. #28632
    Super Member vintagemotif's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    4,973
    Blog Entries
    10
    Quote Originally Posted by Weedwoman View Post
    It's good to know we can find marbles made in America because there are days when I'm pretty sure I've lost all mine.....
    LOL heehee I have days like that too!!

  3. #28633
    Super Member Glenn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Huntsville, AL
    Posts
    2,155
    Blog Entries
    1
    I have still have not found some marbles I lost..... Some of them I hope never find again. LOL
    Glenn W. Cleveland

  4. #28634
    Power Poster miriam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    12,350
    Blog Entries
    2
    Ask Iris, I'm pretty sure my American made marbles are somewhere on the shop floor in amongst the leaves and trash that blows in under the door....

    I'm figuring on spending some more time there tomorrow - I should clean it.... Maybe if I get too frustrated with that 319 needle clamp.... Anybody know how to put a Singer 319 needle clamp back together? So far I know what doesn't work. Holding your mouth right doesn't score that's for sure. If I ever get it back together I will be sure of NEVER taking it apart ever ever ever again. I've got an hour and a half in on it so far. I actually got it to ALL go on backwards once... I know that isn't right. I'm at a stand still on that machine until that gets fixed. Maybe some net sleuthing will come up with something.
    NEVER let a sewing machine know you are in a hurry.
    Success is not final. Failure is not fatal. It is the courage to continue that counts. Winston Churchill

  5. #28635
    Super Member mpeters1200's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Omaha, NE
    Posts
    1,625
    Quote Originally Posted by mom-6 View Post
    I'm thinking you may have a burr on the eye of your needle. Can you try a different needle? Either that or there is a problem with that spool of thread. If it still does it with the new needle then it is most likely the thread. Good luck!
    DING DING DING!!! WE HAVE A WINNER!!!

    I am so excited. This is why I love this board. The problem is not with my thread, which makes me happy since it was my first big spool purchase. I changed the needle AGAIN. I had the last one in correctly, but apparently it had a burr thingy in it. Needles were pretty expensive, so I hate losing one right off the bat, but I'm glad the problem is gone. I even did some stitching on the actual quilt and have had great success! WooHoo! I am back in business!
    Proud mom/step-mom to 8 children. We promote awareness of Autism and Huntington's Disease. Please pm me if interested in sending Campbell's Soup Labels or box tops which we collect for our kids' schools.

  6. #28636
    Super Member vintagemotif's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    4,973
    Blog Entries
    10
    Once my latest project is finished, I'll be making some Christmas ornaments that are filled with lavender that I grew and harvested this year. This is what I'm working on, but I keep getting distracted with other ideas for Christmas gifts. The thinner strip on right is what I have done today. Tonight will be the strip that goes on the left. All quilting is done on my Davis NVF.

    Name:  IMG_3979.JPG
Views: 244
Size:  1.37 MBName:  IMG_3982.JPG
Views: 219
Size:  1.53 MB

  7. #28637
    Super Member vintagemotif's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    4,973
    Blog Entries
    10
    Quote Originally Posted by mpeters1200 View Post
    DING DING DING!!! WE HAVE A WINNER!!!

    I am so excited. This is why I love this board. The problem is not with my thread, which makes me happy since it was my first big spool purchase. I changed the needle AGAIN. I had the last one in correctly, but apparently it had a burr thingy in it. Needles were pretty expensive, so I hate losing one right off the bat, but I'm glad the problem is gone. I even did some stitching on the actual quilt and have had great success! WooHoo! I am back in business!

    That's good to hear!!! Enjoy your quilting!!

  8. #28638
    Super Member purplefiend's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Round Rock,Texas
    Posts
    5,299

    Unhappy

    Quote Originally Posted by lee231 View Post
    Checking out local craigslist and found this. http://grandrapids.craigslist.org/atq/2731573512.html
    It would be great fun to wander through those machines. Too bad I'm in Texas

  9. #28639
    Super Member purplefiend's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Round Rock,Texas
    Posts
    5,299
    mpeters1200,
    I'm so glad it was just the needle and that your problem is solved.
    Sharon

  10. #28640
    Senior Member grayhare's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Northern California
    Posts
    330
    Quote Originally Posted by vintagemotif View Post
    Once my latest project is finished, I'll be making some Christmas ornaments that are filled with lavender that I grew and harvested this year. This is what I'm working on, but I keep getting distracted with other ideas for Christmas gifts. The thinner strip on right is what I have done today. Tonight will be the strip that goes on the left. All quilting is done on my Davis NVF.

    Name:  IMG_3979.JPG
Views: 244
Size:  1.37 MBName:  IMG_3982.JPG
Views: 219
Size:  1.53 MB
    Wow, you will have to post a picture of the finished quilt, I love that purple fabric! We also have to see pictures of your Christmas ornaments.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

SEO by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.