Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2901 of 4411 FirstFirst ... 1901 2401 2801 2851 2891 2900 2901 2902 2911 2951 3001 3401 3901 ... LastLast
Results 29,001 to 29,010 of 44107

Thread: Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Bennett View Post
    Sew Classic is probably getting a lot of traffic today! I found the reviews of different machines to be helpful: http://blog.sew-classic.com/categori...e-reviews.aspx

If I find one reasonably priced, I might just have to pick one of them up. Everyone is making them sound so good! The "modern" styling might be growing on me, just wish they were some other color than tan--always seemed kind of blah.
    Bennett, I'm partial to the 403 but it's just me... I think they thought the tan was easier on the eye than the black - more modern?
    NEVER let a sewing machine know you are in a hurry.
    Success is not final. Failure is not fatal. It is the courage to continue that counts. Winston Churchill

Quote Originally Posted by sew wishful View Post
    Sooo....or seeeewwwwww.....what is the difference between the 301, 401, 501, 402, 403 and 503 machines??? Does each one use cams? Did each one have an added feature? There is a 402 in a cabinet for sale on our local "for sale" group and I didn't even know they made a 402!! Just trying to sort out these models and if I truly still want a 301 or would something else be just as nice. I already have a 401. Thanks for any help.
    If you read through this thread, all the above questions have been answered.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Bennett View Post
    Sew Classic is probably getting a lot of traffic today! I found the reviews of different machines to be helpful: http://blog.sew-classic.com/categori...e-reviews.aspx

If I find one reasonably priced, I might just have to pick one of them up. Everyone is making them sound so good! The "modern" styling might be growing on me, just wish they were some other color than tan--always seemed kind of blah.

Adding: Looks like I was slow on the draw. Very informative post Miriam, I think I missed that one.
    I'm with ya Bennett! I never wanted one of these machines before. They weren't black, they weren't "old enough" and I didn't see anything pretty about them. (still don't! ) But when this one was available, I HAD to have it! Couldn't tell you why...I just did...
    One day, you'll only be a memory for some people. Do your best to be a good one.

http://charleeturner.blogspot.com

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlee View Post
    I'm with ya Bennett! I never wanted one of these machines before. They weren't black, they weren't "old enough" and I didn't see anything pretty about them. (still don't! ) But when this one was available, I HAD to have it! Couldn't tell you why...I just did...
    You'll love it once you start using it. You are right they aren't all that cute looking - beauty is in the eye of the beholder.... I think the insides are what make that machine beautiful. It is all machine work. Very well made. NOTHING like it these days.
    Success is not final. Failure is not fatal. It is the courage to continue that counts. Winston Churchill

Blog Entries
    Oh, I'm excited to have her, and disappointed that I can't just sit and play with her RIGHT NOW! LOL But Saturday nite there will be about 18 people in the house, and I really don't want them to see how I *really* live, so am dashing around and cleaning!!
    One day, you'll only be a memory for some people. Do your best to be a good one.

http://charleeturner.blogspot.com

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlee View Post
    Oh, I'm excited to have her, and disappointed that I can't just sit and play with her RIGHT NOW! LOL But Saturday nite there will be about 18 people in the house, and I really don't want them to see how I *really* live, so am dashing around and cleaning!!
    mine needs a bulldozer.... and a dumpster.....

Blog Entries
    Okay..I did some research thanks to you all and why her manual says 402 is a mystery. She is selling a 403. It sews nicely she said....it belonged to her daughter and she wanted a more modern machine, so mom is trying to sell the "old one". She hasn't given a price online yet, but I've asked. Why oh, why, I don't know. I DON'T WANT ANOTHER MACHINE!!! I did enjoy seeing the differences in the machine on the links you all posted. Thanks a million for your help!!
    And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love Him, who have been called according to His purpose. Romans 8:28

Randa

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by sew wishful View Post
    Okay..I did some research thanks to you all and why her manual says 402 is a mystery. She is selling a 403. It sews nicely she said....it belonged to her daughter and she wanted a more modern machine, so mom is trying to sell the "old one". She hasn't given a price online yet, but I've asked. Why oh, why, I don't know. I DON'T WANT ANOTHER MACHINE!!! I did enjoy seeing the differences in the machine on the links you all posted. Thanks a million for your help!!
    If she is willing to sell that 403 you should buy it. Those are nice. She is crazy. LOL I have a slant-0-matic sitting on CL doesn't move - too many people think those stupid plastic machines do more I guess.

Blog Entries
    I have no more room for machines in cabinets. I'm feeling a bit claustrophobic....gonna have to bust out one of these days. I could sell the 401 and have room. But it is a good machine too! LOL! I'd sure buy it for one of you gals/guys, though. Let me know.
    And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love Him, who have been called according to His purpose. Romans 8:28

Randa

Quote Originally Posted by miriam View Post
    If she is willing to sell that 403 you should buy it. Those are nice. She is crazy. LOL I have a slant-0-matic sitting on CL doesn't move - too many people think those stupid plastic machines do more I guess.
    Just to put this in perspective...there was a local CL ad requesting a cheap, good working, sewing machine. I responded telling the person I'd sell her my 1970's Japanese made machine for $25. It has about 7 stitches on it and sews well. She replied somewhat rudely the next day, that "someone has offered her a MUCH newer machine for the same price and she'd prefer to sew on a newer machine vs. old." Bet she chose the cheapo-big-box-store brand, that's near it's end of life, over the one I had offered. Whatever!