Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 3349 of 4376 FirstFirst ... 2349 2849 3249 3299 3339 3348 3349 3350 3359 3399 3449 3849 4349 ... LastLast
Results 33,481 to 33,490 of 43755

Thread: Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Nancy,
    The 31-15 and the 31-20 are the same machine except for the bobbin size and related area.
    I'll look for a treadle plate, but I don't think I have one.

Cathy

Quote Originally Posted by BoJangles View Post
    Cathy, I am so glad to hear you talk about the motors on the 31-15's, although, my 31-15 doesn't have a motor, but my 31-20 does. I hope that applies to the 31-20 as well? I haven't had time to clean up either machine because inbetween rain storms, I have been trying to get my annuals all planted and my yard weeded! I haven't even tried to run the 31-20 to see what it does - smoke - don't know yet? I'd really like to convert the 31's back to treadles, but someone lost the pedal on their treadle table when they added the motor! Do you have a pedal that would fit the 31 treadle - I think it is wider than your normal pedal?

Nancy
    Cathy

"Most sewing machine problems are due to the carbon based unit in the chair in front of the machine"

Sharon, I like your 237 in treadle. It looks like it just slipped right into a treadle with no modifications to the machine - like my 319w - I just popped right into the treadle?

Nancy
    Nancy,
    My cabinet came without hinge pins or the drip pan; it seemed kinda odd that those things were missing.
    My 237 just dropped in to the treadle, once my son made a new drip pan; I don't know if it would've fit otherwise.
    The the drip pan made was deeper to accommodate the longer legs in the 237's casting. It treadles so smoothly, kinda nice to have a zig zag treadle.
    Sharon

Jackie, those are really nice machines! The 328 reminds me of a Rocketeer! You were lucky to get the case for the 328 - but, does the case smell yucky? Sometime those cases just reek! I'd sure have picked up both those machines! Very nice LaVincendora decals on the 128 too!

Nancy
    Thanks Nancy. I was pleased. The case for the 328 is fine , no strong odors. Hopefully I can figure out the power issue. I got all three machines for $160. which I think was a good deal. I'm happy. My next machine is a 301, I hope.
    Jackie

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by chris_quilts View Post
    Sounds like intervention time if you can't even remember the color of the machine or what you paid for it.
    Slowly say: MY name is __________ and I haven't bought a machine today. But it's still early so help me avoid the temptation. Failing that, let the machine be reasonably priced.
    Love that, Chris!! My DH would be standing up shouting "Amen" if he read it!! LOL He is totally in favor of me NOT buying any more machines. I have another Davis coming, and my sister just gave me a White treadle cabinet/irons that I'll use for one of the machines I already have. So, does that count as 2 or 1?? LOL

Blog Entries
    Judy, I am with you on the 301! I could be like Candace is with those 301's - get all the colors! I am piecing a Smokey River quilt top with the 301 right now and loving it, even though, I had to rip 24 block sections out because I placed the colors wrong! Oh well, I get to redo the blocks with the 301!

Anyway, what are 10 machines? I have 50 + now and holding! I just had to make a sewing machine museum in one of my cargo units!

Nancy
    Nancy, my favorite piecing machine is my 301....she is just so quiet and cute and accurate!!

Blog Entries
    I spy.......
    too bad it's so far...
    http://fortwayne.craigslist.org/atq/2953171398.html
    NEVER let a sewing machine know you are in a hurry.
    Success is not final. Failure is not fatal. It is the courage to continue that counts. Winston Churchill

Blog Entries
    Success is not final. Failure is not fatal. It is the courage to continue that counts. Winston Churchill

Blog Entries

Blog Entries
    thanks for the link

Quote Originally Posted by miriam View Post
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WsFOI...re=uploademail
    If you find mitred corners tricky when binding a quilt, this method may be the answer for you. No fancy gadgets needed - just hairgrips and an unpicker on a new video by Muv - grab some tea
    ♥ Craftybear♥ Google Goddess Surfing Queen of Links ♥
    http://quiltingforbeginners.blogspot.com/
    http://quiltinglibraryworldwide.blogspot.com/

Found this on CL. Eldrege two spool, Rockford, MI., not mine. vdxgf-2951229703@sale.craigslist.org