Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 3352 of 4417 FirstFirst ... 2352 2852 3252 3302 3342 3351 3352 3353 3362 3402 3452 3852 4352 ... LastLast
Results 33,511 to 33,520 of 44161

Thread: Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Blog Entries
    Well, I picked up the 3 machines I got at the Goodwill auction. I have so much to do.......... They all turn. They are all DIRTY. No foot controls - it's ok I have some. No cases or cabinets. The first one is a 306. I've not messed with one so I shall compare it to the 319. The bobbin case looks good. Then there is a 401 - I didn't look it over too much - it turns and the knobs turn - yeah! Then there is a 99 - the cord was cut off.
    NEVER let a sewing machine know you are in a hurry.
    Success is not final. Failure is not fatal. It is the courage to continue that counts. Winston Churchill

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by miriam View Post
    Well, I picked up the 3 machines I got at the Goodwill auction. I have so much to do.......... They all turn. They are all DIRTY. No foot controls - it's ok I have some. No cases or cabinets. The first one is a 306. I've not messed with one so I shall compare it to the 319. The bobbin case looks good. Then there is a 401 - I didn't look it over too much - it turns and the knobs turn - yeah! Then there is a 99 - the cord was cut off.
    Very Cool!!! Do you get them from shopgoodwill.com and then pick them up? I notice that the GW in Indy won't ship.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by jljack View Post
    Very Cool!!! Do you get them from shopgoodwill.com and then pick them up? I notice that the GW in Indy won't ship.
    yup - I'm going to post the rest on my PDA...
    NEVER let a sewing machine know you are in a hurry.
    Success is not final. Failure is not fatal. It is the courage to continue that counts. Winston Churchill

Name:  dress1.jpg
Views: 217
Size:  199.5 KBName:  walkingin1.jpg
Views: 234
Size:  146.0 KB

It isn't exactly quilting, but it is sewing several layers of fabric together for a purpose. I used my late mom's 1966 Wizard for the construction, to make this a legit post about vintage machines. It is the same machine that made both mine and my sister's wedding gowns several years ago. The wedding went well, and my "legion of sisters" put on a wonderful reception for my daughter and her new husband, and I am eternally grateful for all they did. Her dress turned out great, and I even made a little purse. The edge of the veil, 8 yards of beaded fun as well, is in the top of the picture.

I have been enjoying reading about the new machines. Miriam, you are cleaning up at goodwill. I was hoping that was you bidding on those machines. I also am stoked about using Glenn's restoring methods on a couple of machines that need attention, now that the wedding is done, and more time on my hands. Everyone keep up the good work!!
    Melinda

Blog Entries
    Melinda, what a treasure and treasured memory you made for your daughter!! That is ABSOLUTELY GORGEOUS!! I'm so glad you shared it...
    The wedding couple is pretty darned good looking too!! ~wink~ What a pretty girl you made...and she chose a handsome man!
    One day, you'll only be a memory for some people. Do your best to be a good one.

http://charleeturner.blogspot.com

Quote Originally Posted by Charlee View Post
    Melinda, what a treasure and treasured memory you made for your daughter!! That is ABSOLUTELY GORGEOUS!! I'm so glad you shared it...
    The wedding couple is pretty darned good looking too!! ~wink~ What a pretty girl you made...and she chose a handsome man!

Thank you very much. Nobody could believe I made it!! It was all really wonderful, and they are honeymooning in the Bahamas, flying home tomorrow. I am glad to get back to normal as it gets here, hopefully sewing some, and relaxing.
    Melinda

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by melinda1962 View Post
    Thank you very much. Nobody could believe I made it!! It was all really wonderful, and they are honeymooning in the Bahamas, flying home tomorrow. I am glad to get back to normal as it gets here, hopefully sewing some, and relaxing.
    I wish you could have made MY wedding dress...13 years ago....it wouldn't have been so elaborate, or gorgeous, but bet it would have been better than what I had!
    One day, you'll only be a memory for some people. Do your best to be a good one.

http://charleeturner.blogspot.com

Blog Entries
    Billy:
    There is a Pfaff treadle, going to be sold tomorrow at a neighborhood yard sale. The owner asked me what it was worth. I looked it up on the internet and came away a little depressed. The model is 362-261. I know nothing about these machines. It is supposed to work. I haven't seen it yet. Will see it first thing tomorrow. Are parts obtainable as readily for Pfaffs? How rare are Pfaff treadles?
    Donna Quilts
    We help the wounded soldiers.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by jljack View Post
    OK, here's the link for whoever wants to see it. It's the head only, no treadle at this price. They have one but not the original. Anyway, not bad looking. Wish it was at least in the Western U.S.!!!!
    http://grandrapids.craigslist.org/atq/2951229703.html
    Good looking machine and it's less than 100 miles south, but I'm not buying. I told my son about a Two Spools and he was intriqued.

Washington, playing with my fabric stash!
    Blog Entries
    Melinda, what a truly beautiful wedding gown you made and I love the veil too. How sweet of you to make this treasure for your daughter. I hope they will be very happy in their future together.

Linda

Amazing Grace, how sweet the sound, that saved a wretch like me. I once was lost but now am found, was blind, but now I see.
    [John Newton (1725-1807)]