Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell >

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Old 04-20-2012, 01:16 PM

Lucky me today!! I stopped by a yard sale, and always ask, "You don't have any sewing machines do you?" Well, the answer today was good, for me anyway. "No, I have an old one that I didn't even put out. I am going to just throw it away. Nobody wants old sewing machines." So I ask to see it, and it is yet another pink Atlas, with the Atlas motor and foot control as well. I offered to haul it off, matter of fact, told her I collected them and what would she take for it(can't offend the sewing machine karmaa by lying), and she said I could just have it. The bed has some scars from being used, but is sewable for sure. I like to see a machine that has been used and imagine what all it has sewn anyway. The case was trashed, but I am going to try to salvage it, since it is the Atlas case. My other one did not have the top, so I am excited. Now I have 3 pink sewing machines.
Old 04-20-2012, 04:22 PM

One is a find.
Two is a coincidence.
Three is a collection.

Umm, you are going to post pics of the pink machines ..... right?

Joe
Old 04-20-2012, 04:31 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by J Miller View Post
One is a find.
Two is a coincidence.
Three is a collection.

Umm, you are going to post pics of the pink machines ..... right?

Joe
THREE is a COLLECTION??? THREE???
Old 04-20-2012, 04:46 PM

Originally Posted by miriam View Post
THREE is a COLLECTION??? THREE???

Yep, a small collection.

Joe
Old 04-20-2012, 04:47 PM

Originally Posted by melinda1962 View Post
Lucky me today!! I stopped by a yard sale, and always ask, "You don't have any sewing machines do you?" Well, the answer today was good, for me anyway. "No, I have an old one that I didn't even put out. I am going to just throw it away. Nobody wants old sewing machines." So I ask to see it, and it is yet another pink Atlas, with the Atlas motor and foot control as well. I offered to haul it off, matter of fact, told her I collected them and what would she take for it(can't offend the sewing machine karmaa by lying), and she said I could just have it. The bed has some scars from being used, but is sewable for sure. I like to see a machine that has been used and imagine what all it has sewn anyway. The case was trashed, but I am going to try to salvage it, since it is the Atlas case. My other one did not have the top, so I am excited. Now I have 3 pink sewing machines.
I have one pink machine, and I just love it. I have been on the look out for those pink sewing machines. Please post a picture of your 3 pink machines.
Old 04-20-2012, 05:40 PM

I've got a pink Morse that gets lots of attention. I'm a sucker for pink machines, too bad I only have one:> I'm jealous of your find!
Old 04-20-2012, 06:17 PM

Originally Posted by BoJangles View Post
Glenn, thank you so much for the tute! I am almost ready to start cleaning my two 31's so I am printing out your instructions! I haven't been able to mess with the machines for a while, too busy getting my annuals planted! I am really excited to try your method!

Nancy
thanks Nancy, we are getting the house painted this week and next and doing gardens while the painters are here. We are having a big problem with bugs in the veg and also the rose garden this year. Was not cold enough to kill a lot of them this year. We did get the annual out last week end.
Old 04-20-2012, 06:31 PM

Two of my pink ladies are on page 1097. The newest Atlas looks just like that one, except not as good condition, and has another tag on the front that says Made by Brother for Atlas.

Thanks for the compliments. I like the pink ones too. I am in search of a yellow one, and know that one day, when I whip open that case that someone is throwing out, or selling real cheap, it will be there.
Old 04-21-2012, 01:04 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by melinda1962 View Post
Two of my pink ladies are on page 1097. The newest Atlas looks just like that one, except not as good condition, and has another tag on the front that says Made by Brother for Atlas.

Thanks for the compliments. I like the pink ones too. I am in search of a yellow one, and know that one day, when I whip open that case that someone is throwing out, or selling real cheap, it will be there.
If I find a yellow one I'll put your name on it.
Old 04-21-2012, 05:19 AM

DH read of an auction that listed two old Singer sewing machines so he's off to have a look. He loves the old ladies too and I'm hoping he'll find something good and it will follow him home. He's so good to keep an eye out for machines because he knows how much I love them also. He has very good judgement about them and is always willing to bring another orphan home (makes me very happy he has this mindset).