Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell >

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Old 05-05-2012, 02:50 PM

Originally Posted by BoJangles View Post
... you are a man of many talents - from the crocheted spool pin doillies to the miniature furniture - and you sew too! I also heard from a little bird that you work on clocks too!

Nancy
Skippin' Glenn, I am blown over by your miniature furniture! Wayyyy toooo cool!

It doesn't pay to miss day around here! Were your crocheted spool pin doillies posted somewhere on this thread? I wanna see them. Please?

Full of questions today. Did you make both regular size and miniature furniture? Or you copied the regular sized furniture? Cool no matter which way you slice it.
Old 05-05-2012, 03:47 PM

Candace,

Not defending such an atrocity, but you think it's possible somebody did that as a teaching / learning aid?

Although if they did that I wouldn't be surprised if they had all their car controls labeled.

Joe
Old 05-05-2012, 04:05 PM

Charlee would you please post a pic of the spool pin covers I made for sew extremeseams. I gave all min away have not made anymore. I made the miniature from the regular furniture in the wifes parlor. I have made large regular furniture but don't do it anymore since retiring so make on the 1/12 scale now. I am always making small furinture by hand because it is fun. All are hand carved and turned, no kits here.
Old 05-05-2012, 04:31 PM

Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
Charlee would you please post a pic of the spool pin covers I made for sew extremeseams. I gave all min away have not made anymore. I made the miniature from the regular furniture in the wifes parlor. I have made large regular furniture but don't do it anymore since retiring so make on the 1/12 scale now. I am always making small furinture by hand because it is fun. All are hand carved and turned, no kits here.
I'm not Charlee, but here is one the beautiful covers on my 1908 Singer Lotus. Glenn I love all your furniture. It is so beautiful !!!

Texas Jan
Attached Thumbnails spool-pin-cover.jpg  
Old 05-05-2012, 06:41 PM

looks like the kind of things my kids did when learning to read/write. Or maybe the owner had had a stroke or other head injury- sometimes excessive labling helps folks cope after a brain injury. but, I'm guessing someon's darling grandchild did it, and it was left there as an indulgence! Laura

Originally Posted by Candace View Post
Anyone that needs to do this to a machine to remember how to thread it, needs a different hobby!!! The 301 is one of the most basic machines you can own and to give it the measles is soooo creepy. I mean, come on now!! http://www.ebay.com/itm/ANTIQUE-VINT...#ht_500wt_1221

I wonder if they have stickers on their door knobs saying door knob?
Old 05-05-2012, 06:49 PM

Now, this is something I've never seen before. http://slo.craigslist.org/atq/2997288573.html
Old 05-05-2012, 09:12 PM

Originally Posted by nurseknitsLaura View Post
Or maybe the owner had had a stroke or other head injury- sometimes excessive labling helps folks cope after a brain injury.
I was thinking the same thing.

pat
Old 05-06-2012, 06:03 AM

Smile mini furniture and wood turned bowls

Such talent and it's so fun that you share your crafts with us. I am a fan of both. My DH makes minis but they are always native american type things and he does a wonderful job for a man with big hands. lol I also never miss an episode of the wood turning shop on PBS. Fascinates me to watch a chunk of wood turn into such art. Beautiful, thanks for sharing. Been recovering from carpal tunnel surgery on primary hand so I haven't gotten much done in the last couple of weeks but it's sure nice to have this board to read and keep up with everybodys finds and fun.
Old 05-06-2012, 06:57 AM

Peeking in a bit to say hi to everyone--I haven't had a lot of time lately but have been trying to keep up! I had to stop and compliment Glenn on his miniatures. I am in awe of the skill and patience it must take to work on something that small.

Linda, your husband's bowls are really beautiful too. The natural contrasts between the different types of wood is neat to see. It must take a lot of precision to get all those little pieces to fit together so well!
Old 05-06-2012, 06:59 AM

Originally Posted by Candace View Post
Now, this is something I've never seen before. http://slo.craigslist.org/atq/2997288573.html
OMG, a "twig" cabinet made into a bath vanity. Tooo White for me, pun intended. Ugly.