Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 3513 of 4351 FirstFirst ... 2513 3013 3413 3463 3503 3512 3513 3514 3523 3563 3613 4013 ... LastLast
Results 35,121 to 35,130 of 43505

Thread: Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlee View Post
    Thanks!

I'm really please with it...he said he figured these flowers would last longer and make me happier! He was right!

Just a preliminary test, she sews! Uses and 15x1 needle, and takes the same bobbin (20U) that my 115 takes. Not only does she sew, she also reverses! YAY!!

The stop action is tighter than a drum, as is the lever to drop the feed dogs. They both have had a drink of oil, and I'll try again later. The slide plate "spring" is broken and will have to be replaced. A metal shop can do that if I can't find one. She's never going to be gorgeous like she was when new, but I don't really care at this point...I think she's wonderful!! I think I'm going to name her "Liesl" a German form of "Elizabeth".

William figures that someone opened the lid and just let it fall at some time or another...it's broken loose from the rest of the cabinet and will need to gluing to fix. Skip has suggested that I pretty much leave the body of the cabinet alone and just restore the top and sides.
    Liesl is a beautiful name! Sometimes the not so pretty machines work the best. Enjoy!

Quote Originally Posted by chris_quilts View Post
    Candace, my model is either a 117L or a 117K and no I don't know the difference between them but believe??? it is the stitch regulator selector but am totally not sure of that answer. The manual does not say what the letter designation for my machine is either.
    Thanks for the info.!

Quote Originally Posted by Charlee View Post
    Thanks!

I'm really please with it...he said he figured these flowers would last longer and make me happier! He was right!

Just a preliminary test, she sews! Uses and 15x1 needle, and takes the same bobbin (20U) that my 115 takes. Not only does she sew, she also reverses! YAY!!

The stop action is tighter than a drum, as is the lever to drop the feed dogs. They both have had a drink of oil, and I'll try again later. The slide plate "spring" is broken and will have to be replaced. A metal shop can do that if I can't find one. She's never going to be gorgeous like she was when new, but I don't really care at this point...I think she's wonderful!! I think I'm going to name her "Liesl" a German form of "Elizabeth".

William figures that someone opened the lid and just let it fall at some time or another...it's broken loose from the rest of the cabinet and will need to gluing to fix. Skip has suggested that I pretty much leave the body of the cabinet alone and just restore the top and sides.
    I let google be my friend:> I had never even heard of this manufacturer before. Where on earth did you find this treasure? You need to take me shopping some day. I don't know where any good hideyholes are.

Blog Entries
    I saw it on Craig's List, but it was at the Bend Habitat for Humanity Re-Store... I'll take you shopping ANYTIME!!
    One day, you'll only be a memory for some people. Do your best to be a good one.

http://charleeturner.blogspot.com

Blog Entries
    Charlee, only two pictures come up - I want to see the machine too. Happy Anniversary!
    NEVER let a sewing machine know you are in a hurry.
    Success is not final. Failure is not fatal.
    It is the courage to continue that counts. Winston Churchill

Blog Entries
    Charlee and William Happy Anniversary! Nice Anniversary gift.
    Quilting with a friend keeps me in stitches.

Trish

Blog Entries
    Thanks everyone!

Miriam, sent you an email!
    One day, you'll only be a memory for some people. Do your best to be a good one.

Charlee, Happy anniversary to you and your husband. What a wonderful gift he gave you for your ann. I love the flowers on your machine, and the cabinet will clean up great!

Nancy, I'm so glad that you got that red/pink machine. The color would make me smile just looking at it. All of my vintage machines are black.

Joba, congrats on the 99. I have 2, a 1924 99 with the big clunk metal foot petal, and a 1928 99-13 with the knee bar. I hope you can get one for your machine. If you need bobbins for it, don't get the Singer ones at Walmart or Joann's for it. They don't work!
    Janis

Blog Entries
    Joba, is that the kneebar I see behind the machine? Congrats on bringing home a pretty girl!

Congratulations Charlee