Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 3790 of 4413 FirstFirst ... 2790 3290 3690 3740 3780 3789 3790 3791 3800 3840 3890 4290 ... LastLast
Results 37,891 to 37,900 of 44122

Thread: Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Quote Originally Posted by jlhmnj View Post
    Hi Julie,

Your Clipper is a Davis Model M if the bed measures close to full size 14". Model N is 3/4 size. Rough dating is 1910-1920. Davis New Vertical Feed owners (NVF) will recognize the cast base. Nice looking machine and woodwork.

Jon
    jlhmnj THANK YOU! I had consigned myself to never learning anything about it. I was supposed to pick it up today but the guy wasn't there, he was two hours away, . He got held up. I'm not mad though-he offered free delivery. So once I get it I will post pics of it for you...i'm forgetful though you may have to remind me

Jennb I can't wait to get it home, I couldn't resist the unique cabinet, and my inability to find info on it was just too enticing. And I was itching to add a treadle to the "collection".

Quote Originally Posted by BoJangles View Post
    I am back and wondering how the TOGA went last Saturday? Did any of you go? Did any you get goodies from Cathy and Pat's pile of thinned goodies?
    Hi Nancy,

The TOGA was lots of fun; you should have been there! I went with 7 miscellaneous heads and electrics and came home with only one.

pat

Blog Entries
    The Pfaff 230 won't be coming home with me...no power cord, and no bobbin case. Disappointed to be sure!
    One day, you'll only be a memory for some people. Do your best to be a good one.

http://charleeturner.blogspot.com

Quote Originally Posted by Charlee View Post
    The Pfaff 230 won't be coming home with me...no power cord, and no bobbin case. Disappointed to be sure!
    Boo..... to bad:<

I was hoping you would get it too. It sounds like a very nice machine. I hope a good one comes along for you soon!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by startella18 View Post
    This is really cool!
    I don't quilt yet, but I want to get my recently acquired vintage singer model 101 going.
    and I saw a posting on here about someone that had one.
    I was just wondering if there is anyone in virginia that has one, or knows how to work on them.
    I just took it apart tonight a bit to see what was wrong with it, and plan on taking it to get looked at, but would like to learn how to fix it myself.
    Thanks, and hopefully as soon as I get it fixed, I can use it to make my first quilt!
    We have a 101 that didn't work when we got it. DH fixed it. What is your machine not doing? Ours had to be rewired. It didn't sew but now it does. You can send me a pm if you want.
    Quilting with a friend keeps me in stitches.

Trish

Quote Originally Posted by BoJangles View Post
    Charlee, I'd get that 230 in a heartbeat! I think Sharon has a 230?

Nancy
    I have Pfaff 60 treadle. I love it!!
    Sharon

Blog Entries
    There is a Pfaff down in Bloomington Indiana... I wish I had the time...
    NEVER let a sewing machine know you are in a hurry.
    Success is not final. Failure is not fatal. It is the courage to continue that counts. Winston Churchill

Was the machine in good condition otherwise? Could it be treadled?
    Sharon

Nancy, how about posting a picture of your new Singer machine for others to see. It is adorable. Kathie