Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 3793 of 4373 FirstFirst ... 2793 3293 3693 3743 3783 3792 3793 3794 3803 3843 3893 4293 ... LastLast
Results 37,921 to 37,930 of 43723

Thread: Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Blog Entries
    Actually I think it was 240v in Germany
    Glenn W. Cleveland

Blog Entries
    I had a Pfaff that needed one - got rid of it ages ago... good machine otherwise - I just used it like it was - does that do damage? If so what?
    NEVER let a sewing machine know you are in a hurry.
    Success is not final. Failure is not fatal. It is the courage to continue that counts. Winston Churchill

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by miriam View Post
    I had a Pfaff that needed one - got rid of it ages ago... good machine otherwise - I just used it like it was - does that do damage? If so what?
    It will not harm the machine.
    Glenn W. Cleveland

If the price was right, I maybe would have bought it, but I think she was asking too much for the machine to start with and the fact that it was using a converter made up my mind for me. I've made a few machine purchases that I know I'll lose money on if I ever resell. I guess I consider the converter as a negative and think others would too, thus making it worth even less...maybe this is just dumb and I should have bought it!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
    It will not harm the machine.
    so what does the converter do?
    NEVER let a sewing machine know you are in a hurry.
    Success is not final. Failure is not fatal. It is the courage to continue that counts. Winston Churchill

Blog Entries
    A converter will step up 110volts to 240 volts so the european machine will run. Likewise converters also step down the volts from 240 to 110 so we could use our appliances in Europe. It is nothing more than a transformer.

Candace I understand your reasoning, but if the price is right It would not stop me from making the purchase. It is no different than plugging in your answering machine into a 12v converter into a 110 outlet, or a radio that uses batteries and can be used with the 6v or 12 volt converter into 110 when you don't have batteries.
    Glenn W. Cleveland

Converters on the Pfaff's are quite common. It would not deter me.

Where does one come up with a 110 V to 240 V converter? And how much would one cost?

Joe

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
    A converter will step up 110volts to 240 volts so the european machine will run. Likewise converters also step down the volts from 240 to 110 so we could use our appliances in Europe. It is nothing more than a transformer.

Candace I understand your reasoning, but if the price is right It would not stop me from making the purchase. It is no different than plugging in your answering machine into a 12v converter into a 110 outlet, or a radio that uses batteries and can be used with the 6v or 12 volt converter into 110 when you don't have batteries.
    O.K. that's good to know for the future. The price wasn't right and I guess that was the biggest problem.

Quote Originally Posted by DanofNJ View Post
    Converters on the Pfaff's are quite common. It would not deter me.
    I've never seen a Pfaff with a converter, this was an Elna. I don't know if I'd consider machines with converters common as I've never had one come up to purchase before, but at least I won't be put off by them if I know they won't burn out the motor eventually. I've read some things on the internet that aren't favorable with converters.