Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell >

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Old 09-16-2012, 01:18 PM

Anamaria, I PM'ed you. I don't know anything other than what I posted and Monica linked to the ad. I have no idea why people put CL ads without photos. But, when I saw the ad and then the pics I knew someone here would give it a home.
Old 09-16-2012, 01:20 PM

Originally Posted by jennb View Post
Hubby and I were poking around in a couple of antique stores today and I came upon a cabinet with a sewmor zig zag machine that looks alot like my Lenco. It was nicely turning, relatively clean, and in a standard little cabinet. They wanted 75 but I thought that was way too much, though I don't have another sewmor. Its been there for awhile. I was sorta contemplating going back later and making a more reasonable offer. What would y'all say is a fair price for this? I'll see if I can find a pic of a similar machine. It was way too dark to get a good one in there, and its way buried in their stuff, so I am pretty confident that it will still be there whenever I make it back.

I couldn't have taken it with me anyway because we went to lunch and came back with a 55" HDTV and leftover mexican food...I didn't have any place to put it!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/craftybean/2540186774/ found a photo of an identical machine...
Jenn, I have a Sewmor and it sews great. The problem with that machine - and it looks like the one you are looking at is the same - is that they are dedicated left needle position machines. Which means, you could not use that machine to piece a quarter inch seam with - your quarter inch seam doesn't make it over the right feed dogs. If you want to use it for something with a 5/8" seam - you'd be ok. My Granddaughter has used one all summer to make a rag quilt using a 1/2" seam. Those machines are work horses and will sew through most anything - but, the left side needle drives my batty!

Nancy
Old 09-16-2012, 01:23 PM

Cathy, Mizkaki of our local TOGA fame, came to our Girls Night Out last night! It was great seeing you Cathy, hopefully next month you can join us and sew too! You don't have to make the mesh bag - it is up to you - but, it will be fun for you to come and sew with us whether you make the bag or not!

Nancy
Old 09-16-2012, 01:29 PM

Yes, I emailed the seller. It is going to have to fit in the trunk of my car, but I don't think that should be a problem.

Originally Posted by BoJangles View Post
Geeeze, Candace I saw the ad, but had no idea the machine looked like that! I'd take that machine in a heart beat! Anamaria, are you going for this machine?

Nancy
Old 09-16-2012, 01:30 PM

Yay!! Congrats and enjoy.
Old 09-16-2012, 03:10 PM

I'm sorry, I do know that it's a New Home but the pictures that I've found say New Home and have a Greyhound decal. This machine has neither. I'm also trying to date it.
Old 09-16-2012, 03:46 PM

Originally Posted by grayhare View Post
Yes, I emailed the seller. It is going to have to fit in the trunk of my car, but I don't think that should be a problem.
Anamaria, I am so glad you are getting the machine! Post more photo's once you get it home and shined up - be careful of those decals! I think you will be the only one on this board with a Husqvarna treadle!

Nancy
Old 09-16-2012, 03:54 PM

Originally Posted by Charq View Post
I'm sorry, I do know that it's a New Home but the pictures that I've found say New Home and have a Greyhound decal. This machine has neither. I'm also trying to date it.
Charq, according to ISMACS your machine was made by New Home. Look at ISMACS needle list. The first column is the manufacturer. The second column is the name of the machine. According to that site the machine named Greyhound is made by New Home - which, is what I thought when I saw your machine. It looks like a New Home model. You can call or send an E-mail to New Home to get a production date. http://www.ismacs.net/needle_and_sha...eedle-list.pdf

Nancy
Old 09-16-2012, 04:13 PM

Originally Posted by BoJangles View Post
Cathy, Mizkaki of our local TOGA fame, came to our Girls Night Out last night! It was great seeing you Cathy, hopefully next month you can join us and sew too! You don't have to make the mesh bag - it is up to you - but, it will be fun for you to come and sew with us whether you make the bag or not!

Nancy
Now I'm jealous. So many times I have thought if only I lived closer to Nancy so that I could make it to those Girls Night Out events that she is always talking about. Maybe one day it will happen, but for now it is nice to see that Cathy made it to your event!
Old 09-16-2012, 04:14 PM

Originally Posted by grayhare View Post
Congrats! That machine has pretty decals! Enjoy!