Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 3905 of 4416 FirstFirst ... 2905 3405 3805 3855 3895 3904 3905 3906 3915 3955 4005 4405 ... LastLast
Results 39,041 to 39,050 of 44160

Thread: Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Blog Entries
    Maybe I will get lucky and the back of the machine picture will come up.
    Name:  phoenix sewing machine 014.JPG
Views: 361
Size:  130.9 KB
    Cam stack moves - reader stays put.
    NEVER let a sewing machine know you are in a hurry.
    Success is not final. Failure is not fatal. It is the courage to continue that counts. Winston Churchill

Blog Entries
    The under side.
    Name:  phoenix sewing machine 028.JPG
Views: 460
Size:  126.9 KB
    Success is not final. Failure is not fatal. It is the courage to continue that counts. Winston Churchill

Blog Entries
    I haven't figured out everything yet - I think there maybe some more tricks to the bobbin than I have figured out. When I stitch it loops big time bobbin side of the fabric. I adjusted the tension and it feels right but still big loops. I'm thinking there maybe some thing I didn't catch on the bobbin. I'll have to get to it later.

Ah Miriam. Your Phoenix pics posted here instead of on the Phoenix thread. Yeah, I spend too much time here. I am wondering if the Phoenix wants a very tight bobbin tension? Sort of like the Necchi Lydia I am fighting with. I have the same problem with Naughty Lydia, beautiful top stitch with big loopys and the bobbin side. She is currently in "time out" under the sewing table till I figure out how to correct her tension issues.

Wow, look at that drive belt underneath. Yep, those girls are "iron maidens" for sure.
    Sweet Caroline

Miriam,

The bobbin is similar to the one on my Wilcox and Gibbs industrial lock stitch machine. It has a weird convoluted method of threading it. Is it possible you've missed a step or a hole in threading this one?

My wife says the cams should just slide over the knurled knob over the other cams. I think the knurled knob should unscrew to switch the cams. We're just guessing.

Joe

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by J Miller View Post
    Miriam,

The bobbin is similar to the one on my Wilcox and Gibbs industrial lock stitch machine. It has a weird convoluted method of threading it. Is it possible you've missed a step or a hole in threading this one?

My wife says the cams should just slide over the knurled knob over the other cams. I think the knurled knob should unscrew to switch the cams. We're just guessing.

Joe
    I'm guessing something like that - I hate to force them off - I don't want anything to break. A manual would help.
    As far as the bobbin goes - There is a slit - got that then it clicks in - in one of the pics there is a little loop - I'm wondering if I missed that loop.
    Name:  phoenix sewing machine 007.JPG
Views: 254
Size:  129.0 KB
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by miriam; 10-31-2012 at 04:49 PM.

Blog Entries
    The bobbin area has a door that latches. Finger is on the latch. The bobbin goes in the bobbin case and thread goes through then that whole thing just sets there then close the latch. I'm sure there is more to this... I don't have a manual. The bobbin thread makes magnificent loops - wow... probably how chenille bed spreads got invented or something... another pic of the bobbin case.Attachment 373745

Blog Entries
    The bobbin case from the bobbin side
    Attachment 373746

Blog Entries
    The empty bobbin case:
    Attachment 373747

Blog Entries
    sure is one dirty bobbin area...