Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 3910 of 4417 FirstFirst ... 2910 3410 3810 3860 3900 3909 3910 3911 3920 3960 4010 4410 ... LastLast
Results 39,091 to 39,100 of 44161

Thread: Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by miriam View Post
    Well, I've been out spending money again... I found a Phoenix. This machine is pretty cool - made in Germany - 1950s
    it has a cam stack - I find it similar to the Singer 319 in some ways. I took pics but I don't know if they will post.
    Attachment 373728
    and
    Attachment 373729
    The bobbin has a flip down cover the case and bobbin ride in. Whole area is full of lint.
    There is a lever on the back to push as the lever for the disks is pushed to select design stitches
    There is no manual but I found a sales brochure in wonderful condition.
    Miriam, I love the Phoenix! You do find the coolest machines! I hope you are letting your shoulder heal!

Nancy

Blog Entries
    ~sneaking in to say "HI!!"~ Busy, busy...but wanted to stop in and see how everyone is doing!

Mizkaki! It's so good to see you posting again...and it's good to see the new folks too! Miriam and Glenn, are you two keeping everyone in line? Elections are almost done (YAY!!!), and I'll be able to spend more time on the board, and hopefully more time quilting! The spousal unit already gave me one of my gifts....he got me two fat quarter bundles of Timeless Treasure's "Vivienne" line...not only really pretty fabrics, but "Vivienne" (exact spelling) was my mother's name!

I'll try to go back and read the posts....but in case I don't get time (I'm at work) give me a line on what everyone is up to!!
    One day, you'll only be a memory for some people. Do your best to be a good one.

http://charleeturner.blogspot.com

Blog Entries
    Charlee;
    Nice to see you back on. I missed out on a Priscilla treadle. Bummer ~ Chris
    Through Him who strengthens me, I can do all things - Paul

I meant to behave......but there were too many other options

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by chris_quilts View Post
    Charlee;
    Nice to see you back on. I missed out on a Priscilla treadle. Bummer ~ Chris
    Thanks Chris!!
    I'm sorry you missed out on the Priscilla tho...that bites!
    One day, you'll only be a memory for some people. Do your best to be a good one.

Blog Entries
    I will be cleaning up a Singer FW this afternoon!!! It has the older style face.
    NEVER let a sewing machine know you are in a hurry.
    Success is not final. Failure is not fatal. It is the courage to continue that counts. Winston Churchill

Blog Entries
    I will be cleaning up a Singer FW this afternoon!!! It has the older style face.
    Way cool... I've sure been looking at more Featherweights...even tho I don't use the one I have nearly enough!

Blog Entries
    It had the needle in backwards.
    Success is not final. Failure is not fatal. It is the courage to continue that counts. Winston Churchill

Blog Entries
    I'm thinking the Phoenix takes some smaller needle... 1738 what ever that is...

Miriam,

The Phoenix Rotary is made by Baer & Rempel and takes a round shank 16x1 needle. The 1738 is also the same length and in fact may be the same needle. The 16x1 needle is the same length as the DBx1, but may have a different diameter (which does change between mfgs). And BTW is the same length as the 15x1 needle.

Cathy

I'm thinking the Phoenix takes some smaller needle... 1738 what ever that is...
    Cathy

"Most sewing machine problems are due to the carbon based unit in the chair in front of the machine"

Blog Entries
    Now I wonder. I'm going to have to go take the needle out of the machine and look at it.