Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 3954 of 4399 FirstFirst ... 2954 3454 3854 3904 3944 3953 3954 3955 3964 4004 4054 ... LastLast
Results 39,531 to 39,540 of 43990

Thread: Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by redbugsullivan View Post
    An update on the White Family Rotary problem. Here is a pic of what happens. I've restored Whites before but this is my first rotary bobbin White. HELP!!
    My first thought is, I'm wondering if there is a burr or some oil residue causing that. Could you be turning the hand wheel the wrong direction? Is that latch going all the way in or on backwards? I don't know that machine at all - I think I might have one but haven't gotten to it yet. I'm thinking I have one with a bobbin like that somewhere.
    NEVER let a sewing machine know you are in a hurry.
    Success is not final. Failure is not fatal. It is the courage to continue that counts. Winston Churchill

Red:

Check which way you are threading the needle. That happens often if the needle is threaded from the wrong direction.

Please may I join too? I have several FW which I maintain myself, 3 treadles and just acquired some rarer vintage machines - well rare to me, but don't know if 1950's is vintage enough

Blog Entries
    Tsunamis, of COURSE you can come play too!! We're happy to have you, and please post pictures!!
    One day, you'll only be a memory for some people. Do your best to be a good one.

http://charleeturner.blogspot.com

Blog Entries
    WOOHOO!! I don't hafta be jealous of Nancy anymore... This is my Christmas gift from my son and daughter in law!!!! It's 1910...and I'm in love with it!! No manual, but it did come with the original attachments in the "Gnome" tin....

Name:  100_6715 (600x800).jpg
Views: 224
Size:  422.0 KBName:  100_6716 (800x600).jpg
Views: 215
Size:  491.2 KB
    One day, you'll only be a memory for some people. Do your best to be a good one.

Charlee,

WOOHOO!! Yes, WOOHOO!! Boy am I envious. Pet it gently for me.

Cathy

Quote Originally Posted by Charlee View Post
    WOOHOO!! I don't hafta be jealous of Nancy anymore... This is my Christmas gift from my son and daughter in law!!!! It's 1910...and I'm in love with it!! No manual, but it did come with the original attachments in the "Gnome" tin....
    Cathy

"Most sewing machine problems are due to the carbon based unit in the chair in front of the machine"

Blog Entries
    Come visit her Cathy!!

Blog Entries
    Wow, Charlee! You certainly have a knack for finding the beauties and this is a Pfaff. What a wonderful gift.

I'll start planning.

Quote Originally Posted by Charlee View Post
    Come visit her Cathy!!
    Cathy

"Most sewing machine problems are due to the carbon based unit in the chair in front of the machine"

Between this beautiful Pfaff and Nancy's Pfaff, I think I want one, too. But I'm not sure there is a shoehorn in this world big enough to get another machine into my house. I am sooooooooo out of room.

Cathy

Quote Originally Posted by irishrose View Post
    Wow, Charlee! You certainly have a knack for finding the beauties and this is a Pfaff. What a wonderful gift.
    Cathy