Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 3956 of 4396 FirstFirst ... 2956 3456 3856 3906 3946 3955 3956 3957 3966 4006 4056 ... LastLast
Results 39,551 to 39,560 of 43959

Thread: Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
    Oh Charlee what a wonderful machine, now I must go find me one. Pat is about to put her foot down on no more mchines Like this will happen!!!
    Skip
    Skipper...we must NEVER let Miz Pat and William get together...they'd gang up on us!!

Funny part is, I hadn't been looking! Haven't checked CL in probably two months! (or more!) Something made me look the other day, showed it to the kids and they took it from there!
    One day, you'll only be a memory for some people. Do your best to be a good one.

http://charleeturner.blogspot.com

Blog Entries
    Lots of good stuff on CL here but nothing like that yet.
    NEVER let a sewing machine know you are in a hurry.
    Success is not final. Failure is not fatal. It is the courage to continue that counts. Winston Churchill

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlee View Post
    Skipper...we must NEVER let Miz Pat and William get together...they'd gang up on us!!

Funny part is, I hadn't been looking! Haven't checked CL in probably two months! (or more!) Something made me look the other day, showed it to the kids and they took it from there!
    No we should never get the two together we would be in trouble. What nice children to give you a gift on such a nice machine.

Skipper
    Glenn W. Cleveland

Blog Entries
    They are good kids...and loving!

I think I'm going to name this one "Marie"...the story I got from the lady was that she got it from her ex-MIL when she married in 1977. Her ex was from, and they then lived in Valenciennes, France. The MIL's last name was "Wannepain". The MIL had gotten it from her mother, but Selina didn't have her name.

Funny how things happen....for my birthday, the spousal unit got me two fat quarter packages from the Timeless Treasure line, "Vivienne". "Vivienne" is the french spelling of "Vivian", and was my mother's name. One side of my mother's family was French/Indian, from Canada, and I fell in love with the fabric, mostly because of it's name, but also because it's just pretty! You don't suppose the fabric acted as "bait" for the machine, do you? (Oh...and "Marie" was my mom's middle name)
    One day, you'll only be a memory for some people. Do your best to be a good one.

Blog Entries
    They are good kids...and loving!

I think I'm going to name this one "Marie"...the story I got from the lady was that she got it from her ex-MIL when she married in 1977. Her ex was from, and they then lived in Valenciennes, France. The MIL's last name was "Wannepain". The MIL had gotten it from her mother, but Selina didn't have her name.

Funny how things happen....for my birthday, the spousal unit got me two fat quarter packages from the Timeless Treasure line, "Vivienne". "Vivienne" is the french spelling of "Vivian", and was my mother's name. One side of my mother's family was French/Indian, from Canada, and I fell in love with the fabric, mostly because of it's name, but also because it's just pretty! You don't suppose the fabric acted as "bait" for the machine, do you? (Oh...and "Marie" was my mom's middle name)
    I am not sure the fabric was bait but it was meant to be for whatever reasons. The machine wanted you and did what it had to get it in your home.
    Skip
    Glenn W. Cleveland

WOOHOO!! I don't hafta be jealous of Nancy anymore... This is my Christmas gift from my son and daughter in law!!!! It's 1910...and I'm in love with it!! No manual, but it did come with the original attachments in the "Gnome" tin....
    Oh, that is one beautiful machine! Congratulations! Have you sewn with it yet?

WOOHOO!! I don't hafta be jealous of Nancy anymore... This is my Christmas gift from my son and daughter in law!!!!
    Charlee, what a beautiful machine!!! I'll hitch a ride with Cathy.

pat

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by BoJangles View Post
    Dee you will love the 403a! I have a 503a, and I prefer it over my 401a and 500a!

Nancy
    Thanks Nancy I can't wait to get her in my hot lil hands. I knew I wanted this machine so i actually bought all the cams & goodies off ebay before i even a machine-lol
    dee fox
    cedar city ut and i am a fabricaholic & i have a few other addictions-scrap booking is right up there w/ fabric

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by DanofNJ View Post
    Red:

Check which way you are threading the needle. That happens often if the needle is threaded from the wrong direction.
    If they will let me in then you are more then welcome. I am fairly new at this collecting but boy did I get the bug. There sure are some very knowledgeable people here. Welcome
    dee fox
    cedar city ut and i am a fabricaholic & i have a few other addictions-scrap booking is right up there w/ fabric

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by JudyTheSewer View Post
    Oh, that is one beautiful machine! Congratulations! Have you sewn with it yet?
    Just to see if she would stitch...it's really been pretty well taken care of, and is really clean inside. When I sat down to it last night, all I had to do was adjust the tension.