Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell >

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Old 12-05-2012, 06:16 AM

Originally Posted by tutslady View Post
Thank you so much Irishrose. I am so anxious to get it cleaned up and give it a try.
Take before and after pictures and share them here too. 15's are great machines as are the clones of them. You were smart not to plug it in if the cords are bad.
~G~
Old 12-05-2012, 08:25 AM

Finally able to steal the laptop long enough to add a couple of photos of the little toy machine I picked up at a local antique store the other day. I know nothing about it really yet, but it is all freely moving, and appears to be in working condition. I just thought she was cute and needed a good home. Plus she was only 12 bucks.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]380283[/ATTACH]
[ATTACH=CONFIG]380284[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails 2012-12-04_14-54-28_594.jpg   2012-12-04_14-54-36_783.jpg  
Old 12-05-2012, 08:28 AM

I think I might do a full restoration on this if I can recreate waterslide decals close enough.
Old 12-05-2012, 08:50 AM

Originally Posted by grant15clone View Post
Joe, I have been using Wizards brand wax. Shine Master Polish & Breathable Sealant. It is safe for Freshly Painted Surfaces. I got it from a body shop. http://www.wizardsproducts.com/store...6-oz-p-17.html I believe that almost any good wax from Meguiar's or Turtle Wax without any abrasives in it would be good, but I use the Wizards personally. I did try the black colored wax "As Seen On TV" but it made a mess out of the towel I was using and I was not impressed. I had hopes for it but it ruins the cloth you put it on with. I went back to the Wizards. I hope this helps.
~G~
Grant,

Thanks for the info and link. I bookmarked it for future use.

Joe
Old 12-05-2012, 08:53 AM

I think we need before, during, and after shoots. That is adorable.
Old 12-05-2012, 01:07 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by grant15clone View Post
Nancy, I do not like using, nor should I have recommended using rubbing alcohol on paint finishes. It is risky. I did try it here on that gunk under the motor. It was my test area, not well seen if all goes wrong kind of spot on the machine. And I will post pictures when it is done along with the scary pictures I took before I started.
I am looking forward to getting it cleaned up and running. The 130 seems to have quite a following of people that just love them. Since the first Pfaff I bought, I am a fan too. Great Machines! In fact, I am almost done with the 230 and that one should be going to it's new home here at the end of the week.
~G~
what do you use on the places where the wire wrap stuff rots on to the machine in a hard to remove pile?
Old 12-05-2012, 01:51 PM

Jenn, that little toy sewing machine takes my breath away! I have searched for years to find one like I had as a child but the only thing I remembered was it was blue. It looked just like the one you found! So, thank you for posting your find and jogging my memory. Have fun with it!

Jan
Old 12-05-2012, 02:51 PM

Originally Posted by jpete523 View Post
Jenn, that little toy sewing machine takes my breath away! I have searched for years to find one like I had as a child but the only thing I remembered was it was blue. It looked just like the one you found! So, thank you for posting your find and jogging my memory. Have fun with it!

Jan
This one is called Junior Miss. Made by ArtCraft Metal Products. In looking around, there are quite a few of these around so you might find one on ebay.
Old 12-05-2012, 03:33 PM

Originally Posted by miriam View Post
what do you use on the places where the wire wrap stuff rots on to the machine in a hard to remove pile?
I have the same question. My 15-91 has a bad case of that melted on stuff and other than chipping it off, nothing has touched it.

joe
Old 12-05-2012, 03:40 PM

Originally Posted by J Miller View Post
I have the same question. My 15-91 has a bad case of that melted on stuff and other than chipping it off, nothing has touched it.

joe
I want to know the answer to this also. I have only been able to chip it off like Joe