Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 3970 of 4416 FirstFirst ... 2970 3470 3870 3920 3960 3969 3970 3971 3980 4020 4070 ... LastLast
Results 39,691 to 39,700 of 44160

Thread: Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Quote Originally Posted by tutslady View Post
    Thank you so much Irishrose. I am so anxious to get it cleaned up and give it a try.
    Take before and after pictures and share them here too. 15's are great machines as are the clones of them. You were smart not to plug it in if the cords are bad.
    ~G~

Finally able to steal the laptop long enough to add a couple of photos of the little toy machine I picked up at a local antique store the other day. I know nothing about it really yet, but it is all freely moving, and appears to be in working condition. I just thought she was cute and needed a good home. Plus she was only 12 bucks.
    Name:  2012-12-04_14-54-28_594.jpg
Views: 199
Size:  978.2 KB
    Name:  2012-12-04_14-54-36_783.jpg
Views: 209
Size:  1.35 MB

I think I might do a full restoration on this if I can recreate waterslide decals close enough.

Quote Originally Posted by grant15clone View Post
    Joe, I have been using Wizards brand wax. Shine Master Polish & Breathable Sealant. It is safe for Freshly Painted Surfaces. I got it from a body shop. http://www.wizardsproducts.com/store...6-oz-p-17.html I believe that almost any good wax from Meguiar's or Turtle Wax without any abrasives in it would be good, but I use the Wizards personally. I did try the black colored wax "As Seen On TV" but it made a mess out of the towel I was using and I was not impressed. I had hopes for it but it ruins the cloth you put it on with. I went back to the Wizards. I hope this helps.
    ~G~
    Grant,

Thanks for the info and link. I bookmarked it for future use.

Joe

I think we need before, during, and after shoots. That is adorable.
    Cil

I'm a Queen.... at least my pantyhose say I am!

(proud caretaker of a magenta 221, purple 222, assorted 66's, a 301, a pink Atlas and Monarch, and Granny's 201-2.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by grant15clone View Post
    Nancy, I do not like using, nor should I have recommended using rubbing alcohol on paint finishes. It is risky. I did try it here on that gunk under the motor. It was my test area, not well seen if all goes wrong kind of spot on the machine. And I will post pictures when it is done along with the scary pictures I took before I started.
    I am looking forward to getting it cleaned up and running. The 130 seems to have quite a following of people that just love them. Since the first Pfaff I bought, I am a fan too. Great Machines! In fact, I am almost done with the 230 and that one should be going to it's new home here at the end of the week.
    ~G~
    what do you use on the places where the wire wrap stuff rots on to the machine in a hard to remove pile?
    NEVER let a sewing machine know you are in a hurry.
    Success is not final. Failure is not fatal. It is the courage to continue that counts. Winston Churchill

Blog Entries
    Jenn, that little toy sewing machine takes my breath away! I have searched for years to find one like I had as a child but the only thing I remembered was it was blue. It looked just like the one you found! So, thank you for posting your find and jogging my memory. Have fun with it!

Jan

Quote Originally Posted by jpete523 View Post
    Jenn, that little toy sewing machine takes my breath away! I have searched for years to find one like I had as a child but the only thing I remembered was it was blue. It looked just like the one you found! So, thank you for posting your find and jogging my memory. Have fun with it!

Jan
    This one is called Junior Miss. Made by ArtCraft Metal Products. In looking around, there are quite a few of these around so you might find one on ebay.

Quote Originally Posted by miriam View Post
    what do you use on the places where the wire wrap stuff rots on to the machine in a hard to remove pile?
    I have the same question. My 15-91 has a bad case of that melted on stuff and other than chipping it off, nothing has touched it.

joe

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by J Miller View Post
    I have the same question. My 15-91 has a bad case of that melted on stuff and other than chipping it off, nothing has touched it.

joe
    I want to know the answer to this also. I have only been able to chip it off like Joe
    Glenn W. Cleveland