Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 3995 of 4372 FirstFirst ... 2995 3495 3895 3945 3985 3994 3995 3996 4005 4045 4095 ... LastLast
Results 39,941 to 39,950 of 43719

Thread: Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Blog Entries
    I figured he knew the race needs oil
    NEVER let a sewing machine know you are in a hurry.
    Success is not final. Failure is not fatal. It is the courage to continue that counts. Winston Churchill

Cathy, Miriam,

Yes as far as I'm concerned "Tri-Flowing" is a word. I just added it to my hard drive memory LOL.

When I cleaned this machine I did pull the hook and bobbin carrier out. I had to it was a mess. Almost as much old solidified oil as the 127. I did lube it as well. But I just had one of those ..... kinda - sorta - maybe memories. Somewhere I saw some rust and even though it was cleaned off it might be the cause "IF" it was in the bobbin hook areas. I'll double check it and do some more Tri-Flowing.

Joe

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by J Miller View Post
    Cathy, Miriam,

Yes as far as I'm concerned "Tri-Flowing" is a word. I just added it to my hard drive memory LOL.

When I cleaned this machine I did pull the hook and bobbin carrier out. I had to it was a mess. Almost as much old solidified oil as the 127. I did lube it as well. But I just had one of those ..... kinda - sorta - maybe memories. Somewhere I saw some rust and even though it was cleaned off it might be the cause "IF" it was in the bobbin hook areas. I'll double check it and do some more Tri-Flowing.

Joe
    That brain fog is what happens when you are cleaning a machine... ask me how I know.

We have LOTS of snow - drifts as high as my waist - Indianapolis has been shut down pretty much.
    Success is not final. Failure is not fatal. It is the courage to continue that counts. Winston Churchill

They better get it plowed by Saturday, we just might come over.

Joe

Blog Entries
    The main roads get plowed - our side streets all wait until it melts off - and they don't discriminate... This is life in the big city, Joe.

Yepper ..... Life in the big city. Same thing here. Once in a blue moon they'll plow and salt the residential streets. Not often.
    That's is why I have a 4x4. Yeah, more than once I've needed it just to get in and out of my own drive way. Eeeee gads.

Joe

Blog Entries
    SALT??? You get SALT???

Main streets are over salted. Vehicles rust out like mad. Residential streets once in a rare time.

I found the noise in my 15-91. When the thread take up lever begins it's up sweep it makes that dry schuck sound. I've oiled the grove the little roller on the lever follows and the little wheel thoroughly. I wiggled it until I was sure the little roller is rolling freely.

So, I guess this machine is gonna make noise until it decides to stop. At least I know where it's coming from.

Joe

miriam: I am interested in purchasing a 1940 221 singer featherweight. Please e mail me @mouse #copper.net
    Thanks tomodachi (lois)