Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 4088 of 4384 FirstFirst ... 3088 3588 3988 4038 4078 4087 4088 4089 4098 4138 4188 ... LastLast
Results 40,871 to 40,880 of 43832

Thread: Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by jlhmnj View Post
    Here's the link to Sears Sewing Machines on Ismac's and written by Charles Law:
    http://www.ismacs.net/sears/sears.html

According to this Goodrich, Davis, Domestic, White, and Standard all made Minnesota's. The Min. L was made by Standard and is a "Class N" or Norwood. There's a handy dandy little book sold on ebay for $10 where I got this info from: "The Handbook of Antique Sewing Machines" by Charles Law. $10 well spent and I'm not the seller.

Jon
    Thanks Jon, according to ISMACS my Minnesota H was made by Standard, but there is also a Minnesota H made by Davis. Sometimes the manufacturers of these old machines can get a little confusing, especially when they used the same name for the machine!

Nancy

Blog Entries
    Here is a pic of my little 3/4 Minnesota:
    Name:  004.JPG
Views: 228
Size:  124.7 KB
    NEVER let a sewing machine know you are in a hurry.
    Success is not final. Failure is not fatal. It is the courage to continue that counts. Winston Churchill

Singer VS2

This one should clean up well but it's going to be a pain finding the front slide plate!
    Attached Images Attached Images    

Quote Originally Posted by DanofNJ View Post
    Singer VS2

This one should clean up well but it's going to be a pain finding the front slide plate!
    Dan,

I've got a twin to this machine - also missing the front slide plate. Do you think we could find two slide plates?

Well, the plates from the 27 fit, but are not the right shape...it may take us years

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mom3 View Post
    Dan,

I've got a twin to this machine - also missing the front slide plate. Do you think we could find two slide plates?
    You can make a plate out of clear plastic until you find a plate. Which reminds me that I have a machine that needs that done. This is the machine that needs the clear plastic plates on my machine, or I should say Cathy's since I'm the new steward until Cathy wishes it back.

Name:  IMG_4725.JPG
Views: 297
Size:  1.77 MB

Dan,

I am green with envy. It is beautiful.

Cathy

Quote Originally Posted by DanofNJ View Post
    Singer VS2

Cathy

"Most sewing machine problems are due to the carbon based unit in the chair in front of the machine"

Hi Monica,

The Empress is yours. I won't be taking it away from you. Besides I have two more that are identical, but with different brand names.

Cathy

Quote Originally Posted by vintagemotif View Post
    You can make a plate out of clear plastic until you find a plate. Which reminds me that I have a machine that needs that done. This is the machine that needs the clear plastic plates on my machine, or I should say Cathy's since I'm the new steward until Cathy wishes it back.

Name:  IMG_4725.JPG
Views: 297
Size:  1.77 MB
    Cathy

"Most sewing machine problems are due to the carbon based unit in the chair in front of the machine"

Blog Entries
    Question for those folks that have painted their silvered decals. What type of paint did you used? I have this Eldredge which I now wish to restore the machine to its former beauty. The lady works thanks to Cathy giving me a tension spring, but the poor machine needs more restoration. She's vain and yearning for her makeup. I swear these machines talk.

Name:  IMG_4728.JPG
Views: 200
Size:  962.5 KB

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mizkaki View Post
    Hi Monica,

The Empress is yours. I won't be taking it away from you. Besides I have two more that are identical, but with different brand names.

Cathy
    Thank you. I always think of it as yours, just stored on my shelf looking pretty.