Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 4153 of 4408 FirstFirst ... 3153 3653 4053 4103 4143 4152 4153 4154 4163 4203 4253 ... LastLast
Results 41,521 to 41,530 of 44074

Thread: Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Glenn, it looks wonderful. Have you done much sewing with a HC yet? I bought one this past winter and plan to bring it up to the cabin this summer. I haven't done any sewing on it yet. My great-granddaughter is coming up for a visit and I hope it will be a good machine for her to start learning how to sew. She wouldn't be able to reach a foot pedal and I'm a little nervous about the needle going too fast and her getting hurt. I just love the look of a HC..... excited for you.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by nanna-up-north View Post
    Glenn, it looks wonderful. Have you done much sewing with a HC yet? I bought one this past winter and plan to bring it up to the cabin this summer. I haven't done any sewing on it yet. My great-granddaughter is coming up for a visit and I hope it will be a good machine for her to start learning how to sew. She wouldn't be able to reach a foot pedal and I'm a little nervous about the needle going too fast and her getting hurt. I just love the look of a HC..... excited for you.
    Yes I have several original HC's and just love to sew with them. Not as hard as one would think. They are great to teach little ones on. I need to make an album on here so you can see the HC"s I have. Thank you this is a great little machine and fun to use.
    Skip
    Ps I would get a finger guard to install on them for the little ones. Miriam knows about them and I think she said she gets them from sew classics
    Glenn W. Cleveland

That's a good idea. I checked sew classics and they are really inexpensive. I need another 1/4" foot for my 221 and more tri flow oil and grease. I'll make an order this week. They are a great site.

Thanks for the encouragement about teaching the little ones on the HC. I need to get it sewing smoothly before she gets here..... I'll be asking questions if I have any.

Blog Entries
    Sorry, I don't have facebook.
    Quote Originally Posted by miriam View Post
    Moose Turd didn't happen. I did take a jar of prunes along. Everybody chickened out. If you have face book look up Elmo Scruggs

Blog Entries
    Wow, what a beautiful job you did on her. Congratulations on another beautiful HC,
    Quote Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
    Here is my Good House Keeper with motor removed and HC installed. As you can see the Japanese copied the Singer very well.

Quote Originally Posted by nanna-up-north View Post
    Thanks Mizkaki. I'll pass along the information and do a search on eBay. There may be a needle or two in one of the drawers. I guess finding a leather needle is out of the question. A regular one will probably work. I knew someone would be able to answer the needle question. You all are the greatest.
    What size needle do you need? I hit the jackpot this past weekend and found a sewing shop that was going out of business after 31 years he was retiring and moving to Texas. I purchased his Parts Cabinet and it had a lot of rare NOS needles in it. I know I have about 100 of the 24X1 size 16 needles and 20X1 size 16 needles in there and a few other needles too. PM me and I will see what I can find.
    ~G~

Grant, you gottum PM.

Joe

Grant, I sent you a PM.

Blog Entries
    sheesh - I really DON'T know what I need for needles...
    NEVER let a sewing machine know you are in a hurry.
    Success is not final. Failure is not fatal. It is the courage to continue that counts. Winston Churchill

I don't even know what all I have in there but I know that I have more of those two sizes than I will ever need. The 24 X 1 needles are the replacement needles for the Sewhandy machines. You have to put it in 180 degrees off, but they are supposed to work. I know this because I had one without the needle in it and couldn't find them. Is the Boye # 8 known by another size? The needles I have are almost all Singer Needles.
    ~Grant~