Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Vintage Singer Needs Faceplate!!!

Vintage Singer Needs Faceplate!!!

This is one of 112 vintage, antique, early electric, and portables my dad & I are starting to restore from his rescue.

I've claimed this one, but it currently has a temporary piece of thin sheet metal over where the faceplate should be...

If anyone has an extra faceplate for this machine, or knows where I can get one, that would be greatly appreciated!!

It is an electric with a treadle foot pedal as the foot controller. It also has a knee pedal.

Name:  IMG_0800[1].JPG
Views: 184
Size:  1.17 MB

Name:  IMG_0801[1].JPG
Views: 207
Size:  1,011.0 KB
    31-15
    Name:  IMG_0814[1].JPG
Views: 197
Size:  1.07 MB
    Name:  IMG_0811[1].JPG
Views: 182
Size:  1.19 MB
    Name:  IMG_0813.JPG
Views: 192
Size:  1.42 MB
    Name:  IMG_0806[1].JPG
Views: 174
Size:  1,016.4 KB
    Name:  IMG_0809[1].JPG
Views: 166
Size:  1.18 MB
    Name:  IMG_0810[1].JPG
Views: 171
Size:  869.3 KB
    Name:  IMG_0818.JPG
Views: 169
Size:  1.22 MB
    Attached Images Attached Images Click to view large image 
    Last edited by QuilterMomOf3; 10-08-2012 at 10:12 AM.
    "Some people have bunches of WIPs (works in progress) and UFOs (unfinished objects)....I prefer to think of them as PhDs (Projects Half Done)!!" ~Elena Boen
    "Just keep in mind that your function here is to have fun and not to be someone else's interior decorator! So ... go forth and have fun!" ~Krystyna
    I cannot count my day complete 'til needle, thread and fabric meet.

There's a 31-15 face plate on ebay right now (not having any luck getting the link to work properly but the item number is 190640217034), though it's plain. There might be others but that's the one I saw.

I like the home made face plate. 31-15 is such a common industrial the face plates are still available new (copies) or original used. There are so many they must have been a great all around industrial machine.

Jon

Thanks for the info!!
    "Some people have bunches of WIPs (works in progress) and UFOs (unfinished objects)....I prefer to think of them as PhDs (Projects Half Done)!!" ~Elena Boen
    "Just keep in mind that your function here is to have fun and not to be someone else's interior decorator! So ... go forth and have fun!" ~Krystyna

The only prob with the temp homemade faceplate is that it's edges are REALLY sharp!! And it is kinda tacky...lol

Quote Originally Posted by jlhmnj View Post
    I like the home made face plate. 31-15 is such a common industrial the face plates are still available new (copies) or original used. There are so many they must have been a great all around industrial machine.

Jon

Thanks for the info on the Singer 31-15 faceplate!! It also led me to find a Singer 31-15 bobbin slide plate cover!!

Quote Originally Posted by pinkCastleDH View Post
    There's a 31-15 face plate on ebay right now (not having any luck getting the link to work properly but the item number is 190640217034), though it's plain. There might be others but that's the one I saw.

Try Sew-Classic.com. They might have a generic plate.