Vintage

Old 05-23-2015, 04:48 PM

Originally Posted by susie reardon View Post
I am not wanting to buy it. A friend wants to sell it. I told her I would ask you ladies
Thank you
We're not all ladies, and you should be careful Susie. You aren't allowed to sell in any way here or you'll be banned.
Old 05-23-2015, 06:56 PM

Most treadles I figure $50 - $250, depending on condition. If it's something worth a lot more, then I normally pass it by unless it's something I know quite a bit about - and know what they go for on eBay.

i was looking at craigslist in the Kansas City area, there are some really nice machines listed right now, I'd have no trouble filling the van . . . but I'd have a lot of trouble figuring out where to put everything once I got home!
Old 05-23-2015, 10:04 PM

It's extremely specific to your particular area - demand, etc. Also, no one here is an appraiser (and especially not an appraiser in your area with knowledge of your market), we're all just addicts giving suggestions on what we would (or have) paid. Both of the above are also why most websites won't give you a value.

I would also note that what someone would pay for an item is also affected by mood. I "turned down" a very clean 500J Rocketeer today. I gave her a low ball offer, told her I had to put time into it to service it - it had been dormant for 20 years but the knobs still turned - and that she'd do better to try to sell it on Kijiji (our Craigslist) and if she didn't sell, to consider me. It might have had to do with the fact that the car was full of motorcycle parts and I couldn't have fit it in anyway or just that I didn't feel like the clutter which is limiting my acquisitions lately.