Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: What Do I Have Here model 15?

What Do I Have Here model 15?

Was given this machine today as a gift after a gentleman saw how wonderful my Model 66 Red Eye looked. Trying to find information on the model and I'm still not sure if it is a model 15. Would appreciate your help in identifying it. Thanks.

Name:  downloadresize.jpg
Views: 420
Size:  155.8 KB
    Always in Stitches,

So blessed in the opportunity of life, the gifts of nature, and the choice to do good to others. I'm thankful for this day.
    http://www.photographicendeavors.com

It looks like an early 15 to me. Do you have the serial #? That would tell for sure.
    --- Jean

I'd rather spend money on my quilting hobby than the therapist.... I'm probably $$$ ahead.... and I'm happy!!

Quote Originally Posted by nanna-up-north View Post
    It looks like an early 15 to me. Do you have the serial #? That would tell for sure.
    Serial # G3498228
    Always in Stitches,

So blessed in the opportunity of life, the gifts of nature, and the choice to do good to others. I'm thankful for this day.

It is a model 115 ! Its serial number was allocated on March 18, 1914 and there were 5,000 serial numbers in that allotment.

Thanks Judy, I had never heard of 115.
    Always in Stitches,

You're welcome. I am lucky enough to have a 115 also and it has those Gingerbread/Tiffany decals also. I think you will be very happy with your machine. Happy sewing to the two of you!

Quote Originally Posted by JudyTheSewer View Post
    You're welcome. I am lucky enough to have a 115 also and it has those Gingerbread/Tiffany decals also. I think you will be very happy with your machine. Happy sewing to the two of you!
    I have already started the cleaning process. I will try to post a picture when I finish. I think she will be a beauty. Any more information on this particular machine? I have been searching the internet and haven't found much. I did find a manual that was downloadable tho.
    Always in Stitches,

The model 15 and 115 are very similar. The difference is underneath the machine. The 115 is a true rotary hook machine while the 15 uses an oscillating hook. If you look underneath, the hook assembly is much smaller on the 115 than the 15.
    It should be a really nice machine for you. That's also one of my favorite decal patterns.
    Rodney
    "Neglect to oil the machine will shorten its life and cause you

trouble and annoyance" Quote from Singer Model 99 Manual

Are the 115's really good FMqing machines like the 15's?

Blog Entries
    Candace, I have not tried FM on my 115 yet. It sure does turn nice/make a nice stitch. I should put a motor on it and try it out - I just haven't had much time to mess around.
    NEVER let a sewing machine know you are in a hurry.
    Success is not final. Failure is not fatal. It is the courage to continue that counts. Winston Churchill

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast