white 970 selectronic

Old 08-10-2015, 11:33 PM

Default white 970 selectronic

I GOTTA HAVE ONE!! I'm on night shift and killing time between work and was looking up a kenmore on youtube which of course led to other videos...and this sucker came up under niftythriftygirl's videos(like watching hers!) anyways..this sucker has such total coolness! I could easily entertain myself for weeks with this sucker! even the design on the plate is cool! dials and disks...

sigh so much for thinning the herd - unless this is rarer than hen's teeth(like the 117.840 F cams!) or super duper pricey...didnt' see any on ebay except some plastic junk with the same number...

does anyone here have one of these and if so is it really fun like it looks?! my dream list has grown considerably...now I want a kenmore 35 (salmon pink)..wouldn't mind a kenmore 47 that's pinkish but already have the identical machine (48) in another color...I'm supposed to be thinning the herd not finding more. but so far there are only 2 in my immediate future to purchase - a $5 kenmore basic zigzag (if it's still there when my aunt goes by the place tomorrow) and the 117.840 that's another shop is holding for me. sigh...the others are either not available or they're more than I want to pay.
Old 08-11-2015, 07:36 AM

I'm trying to get the video to load now.
Rodney
Old 08-11-2015, 08:13 AM
Power Poster

I have her in my favorites. Great looking machine. Watched her videos when I got my 401. I suggest anyone who buys a new to them machine watch as many videos as possible. Extremely helpful!!
Old 08-11-2015, 02:32 PM

did you get it Rodney? it's sooo cool! and yep I've discovered watching ebay- finally see how the class 15 bobbin goes in the case had me all thrown for a loop! used freemake downloader to download to my computer and plan to get more videos downloaded 'just in case'! wish I didn't need tog et in my exercise and go to work..wanna sew! love how the cam thingy has a card you stick in and it shows the stitches and you hit the reverse or another button and it works different things...sooo cool!