"White" attire

Old 01-25-2014, 01:04 PM

Default "White" attire

My New Queen most be a clothes horse - She's got more attachments than any girl needs.

Though I'll have two Rotary Whites for her to share with.

On the left is a set with bed mount hemmers. I think these would have come in a cardboard box. The feet go directly on the bar, so I assume this would have been for a "pre top clamp" White. There are three hemmers and a binder, I'm pretty sure that should be one more hemmer. Don't know what the tucker would look like that goes with the set, but I may already have one. The older tuckers didn't mount to the presser foot bar.

The upper middle is another set that mounts directly to the presser bar, but has a foot that all the other peices fit into - including the tucker and ruffler.

The lower right is a set designated for my older Rotary (that is still in transit). Though all the feet will fit on any of the three Whites. If I take the top clamp part off, the other style feet slip on also.

That last set includes a left/right cording foot and a left/right zipper foot, along with the hemstitcher foot.

The set on the left goes with my newer White Rotary. It's about the most current top clamp set that was sold. Includes the four slot ruffler, the combination braiding/edge stitching foot and adjustable zipper foot (which replaces the four fixed feet in the upper set). The notable exclusion is the Underbraider, as the combination foot above is now used for top braiding and underbraiding is out LOL!!

The left set is the one that is specifically to go with the New Queen. I'm pretty sure this is a pre-Greist set, but probably the youngest of my pre-Greist sets.
Old 01-25-2014, 01:09 PM

Then we have the extra stuff.

Hemstitcher, plain zigzagger, blind hemmer and buttonholer. Since I wanted an older style buttonholer, I just bought a Famous with a White style feed dog cover plate.

and the really fun one - the single thread embroidery attachment.

I still need a Decorative Stitcher that is specific for White made machines. They are easier to find for side clamp, but they do come up pretty often.
Old 01-25-2014, 01:15 PM

Then we have the "leftovers" and I know I've got a few more boxes of stuff I've not test fit yet. All the open ones fit White machines (and the branded ones made by White). A few of the sets are complete - most are not. That is one reason I ended up with extras, for the older stuff it can take three sets to get all the peices to complete one full set. Though sometimes they came with another box that had stuff I really wanted.

Here is some other stuff that I'm not sure of. The tucker may got with that one first set. Some of the hemmers are the same as that set too.

I'm not sure on some, as they have a screw hole and a little tab, so I think they go on a machine with two holes lined up. I have not tried to fit them on any machine yet.

Last edited by Macybaby; 01-25-2014 at 01:17 PM.
Old 01-25-2014, 01:19 PM

Wow!!! Lucky you!! I bought a White Rotary and cabinet, and after having is cleaned and serviced, I don't have a bobbin. Do most of them take the same kind? Mine was made in 1947 in Cleveland, I think it was. Any ideas where I could get bobbins to fit? I'm new to vintage machine collecting. LOL

Linda in Missouri
Old 01-25-2014, 02:29 PM

It's not luck - it's a disease I have.
Old 01-25-2014, 05:14 PM

Originally Posted by LTeachergeorge View Post
Wow!!! Lucky you!! I bought a White Rotary and cabinet, and after having is cleaned and serviced, I don't have a bobbin. Do most of them take the same kind? Mine was made in 1947 in Cleveland, I think it was. Any ideas where I could get bobbins to fit? I'm new to vintage machine collecting. LOL

Linda in Missouri
Linda,

Sew-Classic has the White bobbins. { http://www.shop.sew-classic.com/ }. The originals have a little hole in each side and those S-C sells doesn't. Other than that they are good ones. ( I drill my own holes. ) eBay is another place to find them.

Joe
Old 01-25-2014, 11:34 PM

You certainly are the Queen of attachments and knowledge about them! I try to collect some to keep with the machines, but have not used 99% of them. The last time i used a ruffler, rolled hem foot, or zipper foot was in the 70"s.
Old 01-26-2014, 04:26 PM

Thank you so much, Joe. I'll order some. I'm anxious to actually sew on her!

Linda in Missouri
Old 01-27-2014, 09:59 AM

I bow before your attachment glory!
Old 01-27-2014, 11:19 AM

Ok GreyQ - I see that little green New Home is relisted - I thought for sure someone on this board was going to snap it up! Poor little machine still is homeless!