Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: White revolving sewing machine...HELP

White revolving sewing machine...HELP

A co=worker's mother passed and left a house FULL of antiques that they are trying to sell. He said he has a WHITE revolving (?) sewing machine in the cabinet. Knee presser foot....machine lifts out of cabinet.....He is taking pics this weekend....We tried looking online, but all we found was white (as the color) not the brand....

Any ideas, without too much info? I have always loved the looks of old machines...esp in original cabinets! TOld him I would ask the wonderful ladies on the board....The antique dealer they have called in is pricing stuff WAY too expensive, because I think she wants it in her shop!!!!

THanks for all of your help
    kim

Kim,

He's probably got a White ROTARY sewing machine. They made them in portables, cabinets, and "I think" treadles.

Joe

White Rotary machines are frequently listed on ebay and Craigs List. Around here they are VERY common and don't fetch high prices. I had one and gifted it away. It's probably similar to a White 77. Google and see?

Yes, White Rotary, machines are not as sought after as Singers. My mother had one and I learned to sew on it. The hard thing is pushing the hand wheel "away" from you, rather than toward, like the Singers. It sewed million things and made great quilts while it was in service. It is in storage in Illinois and I would love to get it. Lots of good memories.

It is White Rotary machine. I have one and I love it. The wheel turns away from you. I love the knee press, so much eaiser than a foot pedal.