Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
White Rotary- Is There Something Missing Here ? >

White Rotary- Is There Something Missing Here ?

White Rotary- Is There Something Missing Here ?

Old 01-20-2014, 08:33 PM

I'm new to treadles as well, but from what I've read, it IS possible to turn an electric into a treadle or even a hand crank. I won't be able to tell you how to do it, but I have read some websites with detailed information. It is possible that someone on here can give you instructions. Good luck
Old 01-21-2014, 01:12 AM

Originally Posted by Rach L. View Post
I'm new to treadles as well, but from what I've read, it IS possible to turn an electric into a treadle or even a hand crank. I won't be able to tell you how to do it, but I have read some websites with detailed information. It is possible that someone on here can give you instructions. Good luck
here's an ARTICLE ON TREADLEON.NET about converting a motored machine to treadle.
Old 02-24-2014, 03:58 AM
Power Poster

You can not put a Singer hand crank on the White but you can put a suicide knob (steering wheel spinner) on the spoke wheels. You can take a motor off some machines and treadle them. The belt has to fit next to the machine and down onto the treadle base. Some machines have a lip on the end and the belt won't go through unless you hack off some metal or something. Some Singers have channels you can run a belt through and treadle.
Old 02-24-2014, 08:32 AM

This looks like a pass to me. I used to take in strays, but they clogged up my house. You would need to be experienced to rehabilitate this machine. It has had a tremendous amount of use by the paint wear and marked screw on the fly wheel. Even if it was free, it is not a particularly rare or promising example. Wish you were closer, we could find you a better one.
Donna Miller
Old 02-24-2014, 10:35 AM

No expert but the image steve put up looks identical to the one Kate Bradly is shown using several times in the old sit-com Petticoat Junction