Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: White Rotary Treadle Mystery

Blog Entries

White Rotary Treadle Mystery

A few weeks ago I posted about my new White Rotary Treadle I found on Craigslist.

With the help of members of the Quilting Board, I got her cleaned up and sewing. She sits in a place of honor in my livingroom to be admired by all who pass through.

This morning my roommate asked me if I was sewing late last night around 11:45 pm. No way. I go to bed at 9. She swears she heard the machine running. She got up out of bed to see what I was doing and the livingroom was dark and the machine was still.

Do you think I brought the original owner home with me, too? If I leave my quilting pieces on the machine, do you think she'll finish them for me? :-)

Banned
    Blog Entries
    oh wow..how funny....but just in case make sure the wheel is locked before you go to bed tonight...OR leave it unlocked and set some block out to be worked on!

Blog Entries
    Where was she when I was sewing my Drunkard's Path?

LOL@Jaci...you said what i was gonna say. Put something out for her to do while you
    re sleeping. Leave a note telling her not to bother your room mate. LOL
    Some people visit paradise, I live there.

We all love our machines, maybe she just could not leave hers.

Blog Entries
    Stranger things have happened!

I think it'd be cool to have one of the previous owners of my machines hanging out!
    One day, you'll only be a memory for some people. Do your best to be a good one.

http://charleeturner.blogspot.com

Keep us updated. This is so cool.
    You can get older, but you never have to grow up! Tomorrow's just a future yesterday!-Greg Fergerson

The former owner must really love what you have done with her (your) machine and is just showing her appreciation, I agree with everyone else, leave some pieces out for her. She won't harm you, she is probably like all quilter's - she wants to finish those quilts and start new ones!
    Aronel aka Lee

Blog Entries
    Make her welcome. My DD co exists with a former owner of her house. now instead of slamming doors, and swinging swag lamps, and moving stuff, ...she giggles. my DD told her one day, to just enjoy the good stuff they were doing to the house.

townsfolks will question my DD on ghosts , and she denies any knowlege of 'spirits'
    Last edited by sewNso; 02-23-2012 at 06:01 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ArizonaKAT View Post
    A few weeks ago I posted about my new White Rotary Treadle I found on Craigslist.

With the help of members of the Quilting Board, I got her cleaned up and sewing. She sits in a place of honor in my livingroom to be admired by all who pass through.

This morning my roommate asked me if I was sewing late last night around 11:45 pm. No way. I go to bed at 9. She swears she heard the machine running. She got up out of bed to see what I was doing and the livingroom was dark and the machine was still.

Do you think I brought the original owner home with me, too? If I leave my quilting pieces on the machine, do you think she'll finish them for me? :-)
    First time I have heard of a quilting ghost. Perhaps a different king of quilt inspector? I agree with Jacquie, leave your work out for inspection.
    Sweet Caroline

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast