Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: White Treadle Mystery Update

Blog Entries

Smile White Treadle Mystery Update

Now you all are really going to think I'm crazy.

I recently posted a thread that I over did my log cabin blocks and ended up with an extra quit. So last night after work I sewed the extra blocks together to make a lap quilt. I tacked it up on the wall to decide what type of trim I was going to put on it, turned off the light in the sewing room and went to my chair in the living room to watch a little tv before bed.

From my chair, I can see directly into the entire sewing room (it has a 48" opening and no door). I could swear I actually saw a rather large figure in a white top walking through my sewing room from where I hung the quilt.

I went to bed.

Blog Entries
    you sure it wasn't a reflection from outside????
    Retired and living in NE Michigan

Maybe it was the former machine's owner trying to get inside the log cabin.
    Kitsy

Blog Entries
    It just seems funny. I haven't sewed on my Singer since I got the White. Took time off to clean the treadle machine and get it going. And then when I start on the Singer again, my lady shows up in the sewing room. I think she was checking out the electric machine so see how it runs. Or like the others said, she's checking out my work.

Maybe she quilted.

If I could get her to sew the backs on, I'd be in business. I have three tops waiting for backs.

Kind of creepy but kind of neat at the same time...which ever owner she was, she must have truly loved her machine! As long as she is a friendly spirit, that's ok...Instead of asking her to sew the backs on, give her a go at the FMQ...

Blog Entries
    You just might find one of your designs..redesigned on the board.

i leaarned to sew on a white treadle when i was 10....my son has the machine in his living room as a side table.
    I do believe that maybe some one who once used that machine very much still loved sewing . may have owned that very machine. who knows?????????
    hanging in there
    mary

I think if I was home alone I would have been to nervous to sleep. It's probably a lady who loved to make quilts and sew her own clothes. Maybe she'll help give you ideas. Kind of neat. I happen to believe in ghosts/angels that come to see what we are doing or help us. Enjoy her help. Sue

That would majorly creep me out. did you offer the extra quilt as a piece offering? LOL Twilight zone
    Anna Quilts

Well, if she is going to remain I hope she makes herself useful.... Perhaps now she knows her machine is in good hands she can peacefully go on her way.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast