Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Why the crinkle finish?

The friction pulley for Whites & Kenmores is still being made....& is easy to find! Here's one place to order it http://sewing-machine-parts-store.co...&brand=&page=2 ....last one on the page.

This ebay seller also has them.http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-KENMORE-...item43b1e92f0a

It's a 1/4" shaft & the rubber wheel has a 3/4" OD.
    Last edited by path49; 10-07-2012 at 07:21 AM.

Pat,

Thanks for the link. Looks like the one second from the bottom is the same design as what my Minnesota B uses. I'll have to email them for the particulars.

Joe

I purchased a White No. 8 last week. From information I found on the Internet it is a clone of a Singer 128. It also has a crinkle finish. But the crinkle finish is so much smoother than any of the other crinkle finish machines that I own.
    Sweet Caroline

Caroline,

There is also a semi crinkle finish that's more like a hammered finish than crinkle. That's what my Kenmore 120-491 has.

Joe

Quote Originally Posted by J Miller View Post
    Caroline,

There is also a semi crinkle finish that's more like a hammered finish than crinkle. That's what my Kenmore 120-491 has.

Joe
    I will have to get my camera out today and take some pics to post. Perhaps the finish on the White No. 8 is as you describe. I also need to check the wiring before I plug it in.
    Sweet Caroline

Caroline,

This is what I meant by the "hammered" finish:

It's like you used to find on metal (remember metal) tool boxes.

As for checking the wiring please do so. I plugged in a questionable 15-91 a couple days ago and blew the breakers in my power bar.
    Big flash of arching juice as the dead short about destroyed the cord set I'd borrowed from our FW. I got it fixed, but needed another BP pill afterwards.

Joe

Yea Joe. I remember metal tool boxes. I will take a pic of the galvanized one I have been hauling around with me for years. I dug it out of a dump. Remember the good old days when you went to the dump and brought home treasure???

I like your Kenmore, FYI. The finish on my No.8 is not shiny though.
    Sweet Caroline

Quote Originally Posted by Caroline S View Post
    Yea Joe. I remember metal tool boxes. I will take a pic of the galvanized one I have been hauling around with me for years. I dug it out of a dump. Remember the good old days when you went to the dump and brought home treasure???
    Oh yeah I sure do. Then they made it a crime to pick up good stuff. Stinking big brother do gooders.
    A friend of mine and I were unloading a big bunch of junk at the local dump in Phoenix one time when I spied a really good cross bar lug wrench someone had tossed. We were being watched by the dump people so I commented to my friend: Ah crap I tossed my lug wrench, then I got out picked up the wrench and put it in the trailer by the spare tire. The wrench was perfectly good, only someone had welded a lug nut into one of the ends. No idea why. I set the wrench on the concrete at home, took a hammer and whacked the nut once and broke the welds. Once it was out I cleaned up the wrench with a file and put it in my truck. I've still got it.

Yeah, I remember those days.

Joe

Ah, fond dump memories. I learned to shoot my 22 rifle at the dump exterminating rats. Now that was being a do gooder.
    Sweet Caroline

I never did that. Heard about it since I was a youngster, but never got to do it.

Sounds like fun.

Joe

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2