Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Win!!! Featherweight found at Antique Mall

Congrats on your find, would likr to have an open arm FW someday

I have to ask - what did your little beauty cost? I'm so happy for you! Bet you were smiling the rest of the way to Calgary.....

That's really a terrific story.... So many little points lined up perfect.... It was meant to be!
    Lara B.
    ... My husband lets me buy all the fabric I can hide.

http://www.buzzinbumble.com/

Congratulations!!!! I have a 222 that I absolutely adore! Did you get a good bargain on the price too!! Be sure to post pics when you can.
    Karen in Kentucky

Looking forward to seeing the pictures of your new baby. Congrats on the find!

Yes please show us a picture of your new machine!
    A time to tear, And a time to sew;
    A time to keep silence, And a time to speak;

Happy for you that it had a nice machine and not an old saw in the case. Waiting to see your new baby.
    Confirmed fabric-holic seeking 12 step treatment program or a storage building.

So,.. she's ready for her close up. The before version at least.

Sorry to be so long gone, 3 pages of replies! Wow! Thanks for all the well wishes for her! We got home early this morning and needed some sleep, then we had someone coming for a sewing cabinet early in the afternoon, and well, here we are, late afternoon already!

She currently has no name. We've been using Archie comics as a theme, but I can definitely make an exception. I'm guessing I'll have to sew with her before she'll whisper it to me.

She's a little ways away from sewing. When I found her, someone had been into the bobbin area, and the dreaded "finger" was misplaced. There's also more movement in the hook area than there should be, so I think something's been put back together improperly. Lastly, the bobbin case looks to be reassembled incorrectly, so the bobbin doesn't fit into it. All things at this point, that I feel like I can fix. She has a little rust in weird places, on the chrome, a few of the screws, the bobbincase and the bobbin winder. All replaceable pieces. I will look at her right after this post and right immediately what I can, and order what I can't. Her body however, is virtually perfect. Goddess-like one could say. Any marks you see are either fingerprints from the liberal and incorrect oiling she had before we met, or just plain dirty. She will sparkle. I know it.

Since some people asked, her adoption fee? Including sales tax: $310. I was literally shaking when we paid for her. I felt a little like I'd just gotten away with robbing a bank! I was so giddy, but still a little shocked that I'd spent that on a machine, but I have a 222! I spent the rest of the way to Calgary composing the first post in this thread. We arrived at my aunt's house within minutes of me hitting post. I do admit it though... I may have done the "toddler dance" at least once, after we'd left the store and they couldn't call us back and say we'd made a mistake.

Joe, it was really similar. I was turning around, looking for something in the corner of my eye, like I was missing something important. Perhaps she hadn't raised her voice yet before I spotted her, only the softest whispers.

So, without further adieu.... I give you the lady currently unnamed:

Name:  IMG_4885.jpg
Views: 260
Size:  122.9 KB
    Name:  IMG_4891.jpg
Views: 271
Size:  101.6 KB
    Name:  IMG_4886.jpg
Views: 260
Size:  72.8 KB
    Name:  IMG_4888.jpg
Views: 264
Size:  105.0 KB
    Name:  IMG_4890.jpg
Views: 263
Size:  90.4 KB
    Last edited by ArchaicArcane; 01-06-2013 at 05:24 PM.
    Tammi - I've found that many baby steps tend to get you further than a huge leap in followed by a huge leap out - http://www.archaicarcane.com
    Singer 411G, 301A, 2x 221 (featherweight), 222k - the holy grail, 99-, 15-90 Centennial, 27, VS2, 28 hc, 128 knee bar, 201-2, 31-15, Pfaff 130-6. Non-Vintage - Pfaff 6122, Kenmore (Janome) 385.81595 serger, Kenmore (Janome) 385.81155, 2013 APQS Lucey

You have a real talent for writing Tammi.... I felt all the tension as if I was right there with you...lol.
    She's absolutely gorgeous and many "high fives" to you!
    Lara B.
    ... My husband lets me buy all the fabric I can hide.

http://www.buzzinbumble.com/

Love your 222 , Tammi. Wish I could find one. My brother just got a white 221, but I haven't seen it yet. Although I had to get him a bobbin case for it. I guess someone took it out. Your letter got me so excited for you. ENJOY.
    <<<Eva>>>

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 ... LastLast