Old 01-06-2013, 05:20 PM
ArchaicArcane

So,.. she's ready for her close up. The before version at least.

Sorry to be so long gone, 3 pages of replies! Wow! Thanks for all the well wishes for her! We got home early this morning and needed some sleep, then we had someone coming for a sewing cabinet early in the afternoon, and well, here we are, late afternoon already!

She currently has no name. We've been using Archie comics as a theme, but I can definitely make an exception. I'm guessing I'll have to sew with her before she'll whisper it to me.

She's a little ways away from sewing. When I found her, someone had been into the bobbin area, and the dreaded "finger" was misplaced. There's also more movement in the hook area than there should be, so I think something's been put back together improperly. Lastly, the bobbin case looks to be reassembled incorrectly, so the bobbin doesn't fit into it. All things at this point, that I feel like I can fix. She has a little rust in weird places, on the chrome, a few of the screws, the bobbincase and the bobbin winder. All replaceable pieces. I will look at her right after this post and right immediately what I can, and order what I can't. Her body however, is virtually perfect. Goddess-like one could say. Any marks you see are either fingerprints from the liberal and incorrect oiling she had before we met, or just plain dirty. She will sparkle. I know it.

Since some people asked, her adoption fee? Including sales tax: $310. I was literally shaking when we paid for her. I felt a little like I'd just gotten away with robbing a bank! I was so giddy, but still a little shocked that I'd spent that on a machine, but I have a 222! I spent the rest of the way to Calgary composing the first post in this thread. We arrived at my aunt's house within minutes of me hitting post. I do admit it though... I may have done the "toddler dance" at least once, after we'd left the store and they couldn't call us back and say we'd made a mistake.

Joe, it was really similar. I was turning around, looking for something in the corner of my eye, like I was missing something important. Perhaps she hadn't raised her voice yet before I spotted her, only the softest whispers.

So, without further adieu.... I give you the lady currently unnamed:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]386336[/ATTACH]
[ATTACH=CONFIG]386346[/ATTACH]
[ATTACH=CONFIG]386337[/ATTACH]
[ATTACH=CONFIG]386339[/ATTACH]
[ATTACH=CONFIG]386341[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails img_4885.jpg   img_4886.jpg   img_4888.jpg   img_4890.jpg   img_4891.jpg  

Last edited by ArchaicArcane; 01-06-2013 at 05:24 PM.